cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (possible spoilers)

It seems I'm now really beginning to appreciate how great a character Spock was in TOS. They're giving Ethan Peck some good material and he does a pretty good job as a Vulcan.

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Yes, he does. Any quibbles I have are minor, or have to do with the people running the show having him say dumb things - like all those compliments he was forced to give his obnoxious Sister. ;)
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
LeftieBiker

Well, this isn't looking so good. Some of the most annoying attributes of STD are now creeping in to SNW, and that both irritates me and makes me sad. Having sat through one cringe-inducing ep of the aftershow just to see what Goldsman is like, and finding him fairly likeable, I was thus more surprised that the show is going more in the direction of comic relief and poor plotting than it initially promised. Did anyone unabashedly LIKE the 'Pirate' ep...?
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

I finally watched the pirate ep last night. It was ok. I got spoiled by who the Vulcan was at the end...

Side note: This response from Anson Mount was great. :)
https://twitter.com/ansonmount/status/1 ... 58433?s=20

'22 Niro EV
'19 Bolt Premier (bought back by GM)
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
danrjones
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019

Interesting that you guys didn't like that last episode with Cap Angel.

Based on the news, she/he was so popular that they are already planning to bring Angel back.

I actually thought angel was fine, Sybok was a nice bit at the end, but the comedy of the main cast and the mutiny was a bit over the top.

Plus I guess the network feels they have a likeable anti character with Angel - and best of all, no one is quite sure whether its OK to be attracted to Angel... guys, gals, who knows!
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19
LeftieBiker

I actually thought angel was fine, Sybok was a nice bit at the end, but the comedy of the main cast and the mutiny was a bit over the top.
That is more or less how I feel as well. It wasn't just the dialog, though: that ship's rudder 'steering' wheel on the freighter was just DUMB.They are trying to get in some of the Goofiness that crept into the TOS, but I never liked it there, either.
BAFX OBDII Dongle

Return to “Off-Topic”