Putting radio/display in different Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clivech

When I bought my 2012 Leaf a couple of months ago I found the touchscreen didn't work. I searched high & low and eventually found one in America, which has now arrived. My plan was to change just the screen and leave the guts of the unit in the car, so that I didn't have any problems with codes, etc. Well, it didn't quite work out. The touch screen works perfectly. But when I turn the car off, the Open/Tilt mechanism starts to work and won't stop! It just keeps trying to open it and close it, but the mechanism isn't working properly so it just keeps trying. Now I think I'll have to try putting the whole new unit in the car, not just the screen. My local Nissan dealer says it needs to be matched to the chassis number of the car and they have to program it all in with their laptop. It will be an hour's labour: £120. And they can't guarantee it will work, especially as it came out of an American car. (The model number is one digit off from the original one.) Does anyone know of a way to get a display unit to work in another Leaf without paying £120? Isn't there just a code I can put in to match with the car? (The replacement unit came without a code.) Any suggestions gratefully received!

Back