'13 Leaf Getting <<system test>> on main center screen.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RajGiandeep

This started to happen the past week or so. This pops on the screen, usually goes away after 3 - 5 seconds & goes to the status screen. Car will operates & drives fine. Any ideas on this?

hguT5Zl.jpg

RajGiandeep said:
This started to happen the past week or so. This pops on the screen, usually goes away after 3 - 5 seconds & goes to the status screen. Car will operates & drives fine. Any ideas on this?
That's weird...but like all other "weird problems", it begs the question: how old is your 12v battery?

Did you have an OBD dongle connected at the time? Sometimes the process of querying for DTCs causes ECUs to go through a test procedure in order to return accurate information.

realflash said:
Did you have an OBD dongle connected at the time? Sometimes the process of querying for DTCs causes ECUs to go through a test procedure in order to return accurate information.

Ah makes sense, may be it. I do have a OBD dongle connected with a splitter actually. For at least that last 7 months. I have one for LeafSpyPro and another for saving money on the dmv cost. I'll unplug & see if that message goes away on a drive.

[EDIT]
You where right. It was the things I have connected to the OBD dongle. I have an inline switch to disconnect them. So went for a drive and no <<system test>> :D I usually turn the switch off when I leave the car each time, but I've forgotten lately. So that was it! Thanks for your reply.

Not sure how old my 12V battery is. Came with the car when I bought it in Oct 2020 & haven't replaced it.

[EDIT 2]
Looks like LeafSpyPro had a bug that was causing this. They updated the app to fix it.

Back