Touch screen opens and closes incessantly when ignition turned off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clivech

Anyone got an idea how to fix a touch screen that goes into a loop, opening and closing until it flattens the battery, every time the motor is turned off? It's a 2012 Leaf, and I just replaced the screen with one from another car (because the touch screen had stopped working). Right now I can't use the SatNav, radio, or anything else on the touch screen. Thanks.

There are threads on this forum discussing problems with the navigation screen. Do a search.
The problem you describe may be due to the screen activation button being faulty or dirty.
Hope it is an easy fix.

I found other threads here and elsewhere, and all pointed to the same fix: take the screen off the unit, take the frame off the screen and clean the ribbon connector and the pins it slides into. I did this and lo & behold, it works. It's not an easy fix, but it seems that over time crap and moisture get down inside the frame and make that connector misbehave. Let's hope it stays fixed!

clivech said:
I found other threads here and elsewhere, and all pointed to the same fix: take the screen off the unit, take the frame off the screen and clean the ribbon connector and the pins it slides into. I did this and lo & behold, it works. It's not an easy fix, but it seems that over time crap and moisture get down inside the frame and make that connector misbehave. Let's hope it stays fixed!

I reckon most of the "moisture" is from ill-advised cleaning methods where cleaner seeps down past the edge of the screen. If a dry microfiber cloth isn't enough, use a very slightly damp cloth.

Back