What Do You Wish Your Leaf Had?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ability to charge on the Eaton station down the block without it constantly popping a fault that needy to be reset.

I used to fight that battle and walk down the block to reset it but eventually I decided I'd just do L1 at home.

Otherwise autonomous driving capability. Not the SAE2 stuff that everyone has but true level 5 capability. Granted, i doubt i will ever have a car with it due to either cost or how long i tend to keep cars.

Sorry guys, does the 2022 Nissa leaf sv plus have a cd player? I don't think it does, just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

The ability to coast when I give no throttle instead of the Regen kicking in.
The door unlock would illuminate at night.
The HVAC preconditioning temp could be set.

Multi-user memory for the seats and mirrors.. My wife is considerably shorter than me. It's the one feature I miss from the Maxima I used to dive.

johnlocke said:
Multi-user memory for the seats and mirrors.. My wife is considerably shorter than me. It's the one feature I miss from the Maxima I used to dive.

+1! This is a sorely missed feature

I have developed the (perhaps bad) habit of pulling the shift lever to the left to put the car in neutral whenever coasting, I don't even think about it any more, the car then coasts till pulling the lever left and down to re-engage Drive. Sort of like having a six-speed to constantly diddle except no clutch.....

dang10010 said:
For those of you familiar with Dala's CAN bridge, he has implemented a "mode" that disables Regen while in Drive (not Neutral--which is a dangerous way to drive/coast). While it is a unique/fun way to drive, I have to say it doesn't do much for the efficiency (which is the opposite of what you would think); in fact, it really kills efficiency depending on the speed you are "coasting".

dang10010 said:
The door unlock would illuminate at night.
The HVAC preconditioning temp could be set.

HVAC preconditioning temperature can be set on SL and SV models newer than 2012 (2011 and 2012 were fixed at 25 C or 77 F) via dashboard menus or Nissan Connect EV. S models can be set through the dashboard menus.

I wish the parking brake was a hand-operated lever between the seats, like the other cars I drive. When driving the other cars, I sometimes push my left foot down on the floor, thinking the parking brake was there. The lever-type can be useful if you need to modulate its action, although that happens rarely.

I don't like that the front pillars are so wide and seem to be in a different position from other cars. I sometimes don't easily see people and cars at certain angles, especial if we are both moving in the same direction. Just took me a while to get used to that.

A brighter interior light would be good. I added some LED strip lights inside the dome light. Same with the trunk. With the added strip lights, I have a nice bright trunk.

But I do like the car (recently purchased 2013 SL with replaced battery) very much and miss driving it when away from home without it. I am glad it has some features that apparently are missing from newer models, like the 80% charge limit, CD player, heated seats and steering wheel. I like having the brighter headlights. Previously I had another 2013 but it was a different trim without the better headlights.

I wish the Leaf's battery was split into 6-10 modular lithium battery packs where one could be changed at a time, rather than having to change the whole battery at once.

although said:
Windshield squirter nozzles that actually put the washer fluid on the windshield :(

It's actually super easy to insert a plastic shim under the top edge of the nozzle, to aim it higher. I used a guitar pick, but any thin, wedge shaped plastic would be ideal. Even a toothpick might work!

Ventilated seats is probably the biggest thing I wish it had. There are a few other things that I wish it had, mostly because I traded down from a Nissan Titan Platinum that seemed to have much more features. I mean sure, the Titan was $20K more than the Leaf, but it was also a full sized truck. I was expecting more features for it being the SL Plus. The Bolt EUV that I have on order has more features for about $4000 less.

There was a sale on cargo covers and drink holders, so splurged on both this week. From a dealer, I got the set for $200 ($120 for cover and $80 for drink holder). I have seen the drink holder as cheap as $60, but this was a pick up, so no shipping. The install was just a few minutes, which was great.

With more S+ Kansas runs coming, figured why not enhance the back seat experience.

Really kicking myself for not getting the SL+ 3 years ago, but oh well, car has been good.

Back