Help with turn signal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rktennis

2011 LEAF. My drivers side front turn signal was not working and I had the rapid blinker sound come on. I figured I just needed to change the bulb (which I’ve done in the past on the passenger side). When attempting to change the bulb, I couldn’t get the bulb out of its housing. It turns and I can jiggle it, but it won’t back out. I did the same with the passenger side and I could get the bulb out.

Funny thing is, when I restarted the car, the blinker worked! However, the problem keeps happening off and on. I was in the shop for a brake fluid exchange and I asked the guys to look at it, but of course, it was working and they didn’t think to replace it. I called and they said it sounds like some sort of short. I’d like to try replacing the bulb first, before spending $ to have it diagnosed.

Any advice on why I can’t get the bulb out?

Rktennis said:
2011 LEAF. My drivers side front turn signal was not working and I had the rapid blinker sound come on. I figured I just needed to change the bulb (which I’ve done in the past on the passenger side). When attempting to change the bulb, I couldn’t get the bulb out of its housing. It turns and I can jiggle it, but it won’t back out. I did the same with the passenger side and I could get the bulb out.

Funny thing is, when I restarted the car, the blinker worked! However, the problem keeps happening off and on. I was in the shop for a brake fluid exchange and I asked the guys to look at it, but of course, it was working and they didn’t think to replace it. I called and they said it sounds like some sort of short. I’d like to try replacing the bulb first, before spending $ to have it diagnosed.

Any advice on why I can’t get the bulb out?
All I can say is don't give up: it probably took me almost an hour of "fiddling" with the same turn signal/bulb to get it out. For some reason the passenger side was not so difficult; focus on the way you have to rotate the fixture.

I’m happy to hear it’s not just me. I’ll keep at it. I definitely feel it loosen when I turn it. So, it’s not brute force , and just getting the correct angle?

Rktennis said:
I’m happy to hear it’s not just me. I’ll keep at it. I definitely feel it loosen when I turn it. So, it’s not brute force , and just getting the correct angle?
Definitely not brute force.

Holy crap, after hundreds of times trying, I finally got it! I don’t remember doing anything special, but it came out and is replaced! I cleaned off the housing just in case it was dusty or something sticky on it. So happy.

Back