Lee Vining's Pioneer Pavilion Small Step for a Big Idea--Solar EV Charging at the Eastern Gateway to Yosemite

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, it's weird, but while ISTR being able to draw full power there in the past when both EVSEs we're in use, on this most recent trip l was definitely seeing 3.6-3.7kW when there were two of us charging, then it was stepping up to 7.3-7.4 (once I saw 7.5) when the other car left. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

Sorry to hear about June Lake. A couple who are friends stay there for a month every year from mid-August to mid-September (did a couple of hikes, Carson Peak and the Dana Plateau via Glacier Canyon trail with the husband this past Friday and Saturday), and iIm trying to help the wife into a BEV to replace her '99 RAV4. She wants to sit high, so I'm thinking a Bolt EUV may be her best fit as she doesn't need a car for long road trips, but does need room for their large dog to lie down. I don't believe they have charging where they stay, even L1 other than via a long extension cord. The really odd thing to me is that there's almost nothing in Mammoth bar a Supercharger site plus 4 guests-only Tesla dest. chargers and a single J1772 at the Village Lodge. You'd think that would have been one of the first places on 395 to get lots of public J1772s plus a non-Tesla DCFC station.

Back