OldManCan
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 553784

Re: iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

Version 2.0.0 for IOS just got updated in TestFlight. I think it might be a release candidate so hopefully the App Store will see this update soon as well.

You can try the following link to subscribe to TF feed for this release

https://testflight.apple.com/join/bldsCmWB
2022 SL+
SoCal
kclements
Delivery Date: 26 Nov 2013

THANKS! That worked and I was able to download the beta. Now, I just have to get the BT OBDII adapter and I should be all set.
Kayle Clements
Composer for Film & Television

2023 Leaf SV+
brand new
BillAinCT
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 552566

You want a WiFi OBD2 dongle for iOS.
2022 SL+ Deep Blue Pearl / Emporia EVSE
kclements

Thanks. Looking at the app, I ordered the LELink^2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJ ... UTF8&psc=1

I couldn't find the Carista on Amazon, and this one was also mentioned as recommended in the app notes. I hope this will work. If not, I will return it and get the one you suggested.
Kayle Clements

2023 Leaf SV+
brand new
OldManCan
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 07 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 553784

kclements wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:16 am Thanks. Looking at the app, I ordered the LELink^2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJ ... UTF8&psc=1

I couldn't find the Carista on Amazon, and this one was also mentioned as recommended in the app notes. I hope this will work. If not, I will return it and get the one you suggested.
I am using the LELink^2 and it works well. Glad you were able to get the new version on TF. I am guessing it will be updated on the app store soon and at that time we can delete the TF version and install the App Store version.
2022 SL+
SoCal
Dexter
Delivery Date: 18 Sep 2022
Leaf Number: 021378

New User - hopefully basic question

Recently bought a 2014 24kWh Nissan Leaf, done ~500 miles so far all on solar charges - the car is great allowing for its limitations ;)

Leaf Spy, for me, has been a different story, maybe self-inflicted. I'm on my 3rd OBD2 adapter: 2 WiFi (cheapos) did not work, now on a Lelink (Amazon claim is it v2 but comments say v1), which is BLE: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC

A: I prefer iOS and have paid for the iOS Leaf Spy Pro, albeit never got it to work
B: I have a cheap Android and Leaf Spy Lite.

In simple terms, can I? how do I get A working? I cannot see "how" to persuade it to use Bluetooth rather than WiFi? I know, with this OBD2, BLE works since another App (Car Scanner) is working on iOS (which it did not with the previous OBD2 connectors).

One thread said the "3 bars" top right can be used, but when I press that, all I get is the settings symbol at the bottom which has WiFi SSID options but not Bluetooth.

Hopefully it is an easy solution and me just being dumb :shock: Thanks for any help offered...
Dexter
Delivery Date: 18 Sep 2022
Leaf Number: 021378

(embarrassing) Answer

From forum advice, had installed testflight, and used (on the iPhone) the link to get access to Leafspy Pro beta versions - still no joy :x Leafspy Lite on the Android mysteriously only worked once I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, so tried the same on the iphone - success :D

The reason both re-installs worked was I got the opportunity to specify Bluetooth, but in the iOS case, I suspect it was purely allowing Leafspy Pro to access Bluetooth. I bet on the first installation I had not allowed it since I was trying a WiFi OBD2. Had I just altered the app permissions I bet a lot of time would have been saved...
kclements

I installed by LELink adapter and connected LeafSpy (beta 2.0.0). It seems to connect to the Leaf and provide readouts.

When I go into the service manual to disable the backup sounds, it allows me to toggle it, and it shows it is working, but nothing changes on my Leaf - backup noise remains.

Anyone having any luck with a '23 Leaf SV+ and disabling the blasted back-up sounds?

Thanks
kc
Kayle Clements

2023 Leaf SV+
brand new
Toby
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2019
Leaf Number: 311086

kclements wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:33 am I am all for safety, and I would be fine with the softer ding of my 2019. But the 2023 sound is loud and annoying. Also, most of our city streets are 25MPH, and it makes a loud annoying noise under 25 too. So much so, that I can't looks from people as I drive by.
Agreed. Our 2023 VSP is substantially louder than that in our 2018. It is also louder than our ICE car.
LeftieBiker wrote:If all you want is a reduction in the volume, then you can wrap the VSP speakers with something weatherproof. They are located under the front bumper, IIRC on the driver's side.
Any suggestions as to which "something weatherproof" would be most effective?
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Some sort of synthetic cloth with a somewhat loose weave, so that it dries quickly? I seem to recall someone using a pair of socks...
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “LEAF CANBus”