13-17 Leaf S Radio Install Guide

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mkj said:
ncoig said:
Just seeing this -- it all works fine for me, but I'm unsure what you did. If you still need help, post up and I'll try to check back here soon.

-N

All figured out, got this harness instead: https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/AHH-70-7552.html
and ended up not even needing Axxess ASWC-1.

So sorry I'm trying to figure this out.
I currently have the volume buttons and source button working.
But I can't get the call and hung up button to work.

I got the ASWC-1 but didn't need it to get the buttons (volume /source) working. So hoping it might be the key to get the call buttons.

I have the "Axxess AX-NIS32SWC-6V Backup Camera Retention" I spliced the grounded wires to get aswc-1 to partially work. But I could never get it to work fully then figured out my radio could take pin 6 and 16.

So my question is does anyone know where the signals from the call and hang up buttons come in.

My radio is an atoto.

I have a 2023. I am swapping it with aftermarket. I got the adapter for the power and speakers so I think that may be the same, but the backup cam and steering wheel controls are going to be where i run into trouble.. Attached is a picture of the back of the stock radio. Any help on what to get for that as I did order the USB retention cable, as well as one that was supposed to be for the cam from amazon, but that one is slightly smaller

Hey! I recently installed an ATOTO S8 in my 2017 Nissan Leaf.

1eeHhsD.jpg

Just thought I'd share my experience here for anyone who is reading this thread from the future. Everything was pretty straight forward thanks to all of the information available in this thread. Just a couple notes about my installation:

• The ATOTO S8 runs Android, and the pre-installed software allows you to fully program all of your steering wheel controls right out of the box. So not only was the Axxess ASWC-1 unnecessary, but I was also able to retain ALL of the steering wheel controls, including the two phone buttons. I never use my phone in the car though, so I just have one button programmed to open my navigation app, and the other button programmed to go back to the previous screen. Just a word of caution for anyone who's actually interested in setting things up to take calls over bluetooth: it's my understanding that the microphone that comes with the ATOTO is garbage and doesn't pick up audio very well. Not sure if buying a different microphone would solve this problem, or if the issue is with the electronics of the unit itself, but just thought I'd point it out.
  • I bought the Metra AX-NISUSB-2 to retain the car's USB port, but the wire didn't fit on my Nissan Leaf. The 2017 Leaf has some kind of weird Micro USB connection coming from the car, and I was unable to find a suitable retention cable anywhere on the internet. The S8 comes with plenty of USB ports though, so it's not a huge issue.

But yeah, everything's working great! Thanks to everyone who posted information in this thread!

Hey! I recently installed an ATOTO S8 in my 2017 Nissan Leaf.

1eeHhsD.jpg

Just thought I'd share my experience here for anyone who is reading this thread from the future. Everything was pretty straight forward thanks to all of the information available in this thread. Just a couple notes about my installation:

• The ATOTO S8 runs Android, and the pre-installed software allows you to fully program all of your steering wheel controls right out of the box. So not only was the Axxess ASWC-1 unnecessary, but I was also able to retain ALL of the steering wheel controls, including the two phone buttons. I never use my phone in the car though, so I just have one button programmed to open my navigation app, and the other button programmed to go back to the previous screen. Just a word of caution for anyone who's actually interested in setting things up to take calls over bluetooth: it's my understanding that the microphone that comes with the ATOTO is garbage and doesn't pick up audio very well. Not sure if buying a different microphone would solve this problem, or if the issue is with the electronics of the unit itself, but just thought I'd point it out.
  • I bought the Metra AX-NISUSB-2 to retain the car's USB port, but the wire didn't fit on my Nissan Leaf. The 2017 Leaf has some kind of weird Micro USB connection coming from the car, and I was unable to find a suitable retention cable anywhere on the internet. The S8 comes with plenty of USB ports though, so it's not a huge issue.

But yeah, everything's working great! Thanks to everyone who posted information in this thread!
I wonder if that same head unit would work for my old ass 2014 Leaf S w/o Navigation and just BT for calls. The steering controls are there and there are actually a lot of usable buttons when you consider that the "SOURCE" button seems to be a 4-way hat with a button in maybe? I sure would love to be able to reprogram them to do all the things I would want to do: Google Assistant, Google Maps, Google Music, and running LeafSpy Pro.

I am just clueless when it comes to car audio. I can work on actual cars but not stereos. Just a skill I never learned. I am hoping to find a Android Auto head unit that takes up all the space and has those things. Just now starting my search and I am not sure how to determine if your hear unit would work with us '14 S plebs.

Anyone know one way or the other or any sub-$250 head units that will do all that? ****, 200$ is 10% of what we paid for it!

Back