Propilot max speed cap?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinneth

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was not able to find anything on this forum or the rest of the internet on this:

Does anyone know how I can increase the max speed on Propilot?

I seem to be hard capped at max of 115km/h, which real actual GPS speed showing me as roughly 107km/h.

JDM ze1 2019 62kwh leaf.
My googling has only returned unhelpful results for min speed needed to enable propilot, nothing on max speed caps.

Issue is most highway cars in my country are doing the speed limit 110 + 10 actual speed, and I'm getting overtaken endlessly.

Just wondering if there's a setting I've missed in the manual or if this is a thing specifically with JDM?

Does anyone not know the answer to this?

If not the cap, then surely someone out there can tell me if theyre achieved getting more than 115km/h (or equivalent 72mph)??

Or are we all limited to the same speeds?

jinneth said:
Sorry if this has been asked before but I was not able to find anything on this forum or the rest of the internet on this:

Does anyone know how I can increase the max speed on Propilot?

I seem to be hard capped at max of 115km/h, which real actual GPS speed showing me as roughly 107km/h.

JDM ze1 2019 62kwh leaf.
My googling has only returned unhelpful results for min speed needed to enable propilot, nothing on max speed caps.

Issue is most highway cars in my country are doing the speed limit 110 + 10 actual speed, and I'm getting overtaken endlessly.

Just wondering if there's a setting I've missed in the manual or if this is a thing specifically with JDM?

For the 2020+ Leaf, the max speed setting is 90 mph (145 km/h) You mentioned having the 2019, so I'm not sure if it was less or not before. The only other reference I have is my Wife's 2018, so I could probably try it out today and see what max speed it will allow if it turns out to be less.

LeftieBiker said:
Uh, maybe tell the Wife that you are making sure the tires are fully balanced, and not mention the 90MPH part...?

She just came back when I read this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was just thinking "what excuse do I use" and you have provided, I thank you! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

That's interesting knightmb confirmed 145kmh on the 2020
Im now wondering if it's something silly like I'm missing something such as having the car learn tpms values which i havent done yet.

There was a vid on YouTube from Bjorn having a Tesla max speed capped in manual control unless a rear spoiler was installed.

Was for the purposes of running the autobahn consumption testing.

But then again that was more of an edge case, this isn't really for flooring the leaf here, more on for daily driving.

Marktm said:
This seems obvious, so not being a "a-h", but be sure to have an open road in front of you or the car in front will limit your speed.

Propilot allows you to set top speed regardless if there's a car in front or not.

The 2018 Nissan Leaf (40 kWH) has the same limit, 90 mph (145 km/h). I don't see why they would have changed it for the 2019 model year, so it might be another issue limiting speed. On a side note, the 40 kWH Leaf is limited to 92 MPH top speed. It's odd since my 2013 was limited to 94 MPH (24 kWH) :?

keEFe24.png

My 2018 does 93 or 92 MPH. I've only gone that fast a couple of times. Maximum speed cold be country specific.

Back