Nissan LEAF Battery Replacement Installers lists - Website & Facebook List

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougWantsALeaf said:
That's fine. I really am indifferent to the supplier.

Not worth the money. I get that long haulers want temperature management but current Tesla cells would be too much additional cost for just the support system.

Hence I said 5 years from now. Our 2 62 Leaf meet our needs. But in 5 when cost per kWh drops to $50, i could see spending 5k plus install on a 100kWh pack and drive the car an additional 5 years.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Hence I said 5 years from now. Our 2 62 Leaf meet our needs. But in 5 when cost per kWh drops to $50, i could see spending 5k plus install on a 100kWh pack and drive the car an additional 5 years.

You will only see that price when market forces dictates it which means never. We don't pay what it costs to create a product; we pay what the market will bear.

DaveinOlyWA said:
[Not worth the money. I get that long haulers want temperature management but current Tesla cells would be too much additional cost for just the support system.
You don't understand the Tesla cell. It was designed first and foremost to reduce production cost per kWh; second, to ~ double volumetric energy density; and third, to improve volumetric power density.

The tech advance in heat dissipation was a baseline requirement to use a 4680 form factor cell.

EV Trucks will use the Tesla cell (or at least its design) to meet two performance goals:
1. $50 per kWh OEM pack cost
2. A doubling of Wh/Kg to work within the loaded truck weight constraints and to allow over 500 km runs between charges. This advance is much less related to the 4680 form factor and mostly due to more silicon.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

You will only see that price when market forces dictates it which means never. We don't pay what it costs to create a product; we pay what the market will bear.
What is the range of retail:production costs for commodity goods ?

SageBrush said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

retail:production for an Apple adaptor cable has to be 100 to one or more.....forty bucks?

SageBrush said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

Ones who successfully predict that make fortunes. There are few out there which is the reason we have sales, rebates, and other sales incentives. It is the norm in retail. You create a product and set a price that gets you the return you think you can get. That works...or not so you rebate it, promo it, etc.

This is transportation so a bit of a "locked" market but one with many options. The real answer depends a lot on what gassers, oil, etc. does. As we know; when gas prices drop, so does the desire for efficiency. I know many more than I am comfortable with who accepted a $100 cut in monthly payments when gas prices were low. So far so good for them because gas prices are still low.

dmacarthur said:
retail:production for an Apple adaptor cable has to be 100 to one or more.....forty bucks?
Of interest is commodity gross profit

The Apple cable is not a commodity item.
Examples of commodities are NG, oil, paper, corn, alfalfa, 2170 battery cells.
No name, generic products tend to imply commodity markets. Intellectual property rights (IP) are not involved.

Hello All,

We have 46 locations now.

I just added a location in Australia and that company is working on an 82kWh pack.

The URL of the website is below in my signature.

Please share, I want to make sure all Nissan LEAF owners are aware that there are shops working on rebuilding existing packs, replacing an entire pack and also building new packs from scratch.

The Google Map in the past 27 months has been viewed 1.1 million times and the site is still 100% FREE.

I have never charged any of the businesses that are listed on my map.

Thanks!
Sal Cameli
aka UBUYGAS & NAY2GAS

Back