Does 2023 SV Plus have Homelink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
I have a 2023 SV plus preordered. Does anyone know for certain if the 2023 SV Plus comes with Homelink rear view mirror to open/Close garage doors?

The window sticker doesn’t show it.

I know on previous years it was standard on SL and SV with tech package.

Owners manual states “if equipped”.

Don't know for certain but specs tab of https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/2023-nissan-leaf-press-kit doesn't show HomeLink. I searched it for link.

cwerdna said:
Don't know for certain but specs tab of https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/2023-nissan-leaf-press-kit doesn't show HomeLink. I searched it for link.

I called Nissan Customer Service and they said the SV Plus has Homelink. BUT looking at the window sticker and the online owners manual it looks like it was dropped in 2023. The only mirrors the manual shows is the plain jane an the one with auto dimming. I believe that CS Rep was looking up a 2022 SV not the 2023

That's a real bummer since the car resides in the garage and we will need to hang a door remote on the visor.

So going from a 2020 SL Plus to a 2023 SV Plus I loose
  • Leather seats
  • Bose system
  • HD Radio
  • Cargo cover
  • HomeLink garage door opener

Since it was a self-contained system, I wonder if swapping out the mirror for the 2022 version would restore part of what you lose? Or keep the mirror from you 2020? :twisted:

Or buy a new mirror. I swapped my plain-Jane 2017 S mirror for an auto-dimming and Homelink model. I even have an extra one in my garage. :mrgreen:

If the 2023 mirror is made by Gentex then it would probably be plug and play to install a replacement that includes Homelink.

which one did you buy?
how does one know if the mirror is a gentex one? I have a 2022 S -Plus (no homelink or any power connected to it as far as I can see)

Gentex is the brand and they supply mirrors for many auto brands. You can tell since their name is often embossed on the mirror somewhere. Or perhaps just by looking - I think there are only 2 or 3 companies that make these mirrors. You can check ebay to find tons of them, probably.

You can tell if the mirror is powered since if it is, there will be wires running from the mirror up the windscreen to the bottom of the headliner. Usually, these wires are inside a small plastic raceway that lies against the glass behind the mirror. At least that is the setup on my 2017 Leaf. On some cars the mirrors mount directly to the roof so the wires may not be visible. I don't have a Gen2 so I don't know how the mirrors are mounted on those.

FWIW, I bought Gentex GNTX-453 mirrors from a local junkyard. There are many different brands and models that use the same mirrors and the differences are whether or not they have HOMELINK, compass, temperature, etc. These extra features use more wires but IIRC there are basically just 2 different pin-outs for the wiring connectors, which are also very standardized.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I believe the homelike rearview is an option. I think the option may even be installable on the S+.
S+ no longer exists for US '23. See specs tab of https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/2023-nissan-leaf-press-kit.

There's only 40 kWh S and 60 (!?!) kWh SV Plus.

goldbrick said:
Or buy a new mirror. I swapped my plain-Jane 2017 S mirror for an auto-dimming and Homelink model. I even have an extra one in my garage. :mrgreen:

If the 2023 mirror is made by Gentex then it would probably be plug and play to install a replacement that includes Homelink.

Unfortunately it's not plug and play.

I got a nice GNTX-453 with compass from eBay for about $55. The connector is different from the connector on the OEM Leaf 2023 mirror. The 2023 is flat in-line 7-pin connector and the GNTX-453 I received is a square 10 pin connector. I'll have to replace the 7-pin and wire in the 10 pin harness.

The car only has 2 wires feeding the mirror, Ground and Accessory Hot. The existing car harness doesn't have constant HOT for the HomeLink so I'll also wire the HomeLink to the Accessory Hot. The Garage Door opener will only work with car in ready state which should not be an issue.

I powered up the mirror on the work bench and it everything seems to work and it looks nice

My Nissan Connect is not communicating and after troubleshooting with Nissan they said it need to go to dealer for diagnostics. I have an appt Monday with the dealer and at the same time I'll have them program the 2 additional FOBs. I won't do anything with the mirror until I get the Nissan Connect resolved.

Any updates?

We got the 2023 SV+ and looking to swap the mirror.

It seems the Nisan Part is T99L1-5ZW16, I'll have to check If I can install it myself or it needs the accessory connection

Back