Update on CEC DCFC Stations in Tehachapi, Mojave, and Inyokern, Calfornia

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Dan: You will enjoy the very fast DC FCing on ID.4 on EA.

Indeed! I charged yesterday on EA in Coso Junction and we hit about 130 kW. Not the 175 kW that it can (in theory?) do, but still, 20% to 60% in 18 minutes, and it was about 44f outside. Battery was around 55f at the start. I have been using CarScanner and it seems to give good data for the ID4. If you are curious, I've linked a snapshot below.

I also installed an Autel charger - I picked up over Christmas - and I am really happy with it so far. I have it setup in my garage to do 40 amps on a NEMA 14-50 but if you hardwire you can get up to 50 amps. What is really cool about some of these new chargers is the versatility. A business could buy this same Autel charger, install it for customers, and even set up a payment via RFID. It was just over $400.

We need these in places like Lone pine at the stores, restaurants, and such. And they don't cost tens of thousands. A business owner could buy 4 or 5 of these for around $2k. I'd still go for a 50 kW DC fast charger if possible, but these would be so much more attainable for a business. Also the electrical is so much easier / cheaper.

1000000736-jpg.19899

Back