Attaching a front license plate to a 2023 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsclevel

Hi,

I just bought my 2023 leaf and I was wondering if I need to drill pilot holes for the screws I will use to mount my front license plate. There are two dimples in the front bumper as a reference that I will use, or do I just use my self tapping screws. There is no mounting bracket in the parts catalogue for this model, so I bought one. Anyone with a new 2023 model?

Jsclevel

All three of my LEAFs (2011, 2015, and 2019) came with front license plate mounting kits that included screws, bolts, spacers, plastic license plate holder, and mounting instructions. I never used them since AZ only supplies 1 plate to be installed on the rear. I would be inclined to drill small pilot holes in the bumper cover to make it easier to start the screws.

My 2018 came with the front & rear plates attached from the dealer. But the setup seems basically the same on a 2023.

Based on what I see in the 2023 Leaf manual, Page 10-10, those dimple marks you see are for the self-tapping screws to install the front license plate.

You can get a PDF copy of the 2023 model manual here:
https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/refgh0v/og/Leaf/2023-Nissan-LEAF.pdf

I went ahead and purchased a sturdy plastic back support that I anchored on the front bumper by drilling two pilot holes at the dimple points Nissan had provided. The whole thing looks good and is very secure.

So I got my '23 SV Plus out of state without the bracket and had the dealership send me one (96210-5SA0A). That number is for '22 and It doesn't match the dimples on the front bumper. But it seems every bracket I've found online doesn't match the dimples. Has anyone actually found the right Nissan bracket for a '23? (the dimples are approx 7.125" apart, the same as a license plate)

Back