Want to borrow seat upholstery covers for 2017 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2017Leaf30

Anyone in the US have a set of front and rear seats where the covers can be removed to be used as a pattern for replacement covers?

Does anyone know if all the seat covers are the same (I have a 2017 with manual controls)?

I don't have covers but don't some of the Leafs have airbags in the seats? If so I believe the OEM seats might have special break away thread, keep that in mind yours has airbags :)
Note I could be off on the airbag thing but I know some cars have those.

2017Leaf30 said:
Anyone in the US have a set of front and rear seats where the covers can be removed to be used as a pattern for replacement covers?

Does anyone know if all the seat covers are the same (I have a 2017 with manual controls)?

I can say that the seat covers I had for leased 2012, I am also able to use in our 2015. There were some minor changes around the base of the seat, iirc but nothing to make them unuseable. But are you talking about re-upholstering your seats?

The aftermarket covers - which I've used - claim to fit 2011 - 2017 MY Leafs. Some also claim to fit Gen II as well, but those are a bit different - especially the power seats.

Nubo said:
2017Leaf30 said:

I can say that the seat covers I had for leased 2012, I am also able to use in our 2015. There were some minor changes around the base of the seat, iirc but nothing to make them unuseable. But are you talking about re-upholstering your seats?

Yes, this company will make replacement upholstery that is installed after removing the existing seat covers. It will specify location of the air bags where the fabric must give way in a deployment.

This is turning into a surprisingly difficult challenge. With every other car I have owned, I have had good luck with AliExpress makers of custom PU leather seat covers. But none of them do Nissan LEAF.

Does anyone know what other Nissan cars using similar sized seats, like the Juke or March?

Back