Greentec Auto vs. EV Rides: 62kWh Replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangeAnxiety

Hello - I am new to this forum and happy to join and contribute where I can (which is likely very little given my ignorance about the nuances of EV). I have a 2015 Leaf that has about a 70 mile range if that winds are in my favor. I am looking at possibly investing $16.5k for a 62kWh replacement (includes installation) from Greentec Auto. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thank you!

RangeAnxiety said:
Hello - I am new to this forum and happy to join and contribute where I can (which is likely very little given my ignorance about the nuances of EV). I have a 2015 Leaf that has about a 70 mile range if that winds are in my favor. I am looking at possibly investing $16.5k for a 62kWh replacement (includes installation) from Greentec Auto. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thank you!

Never heard of them. I would solicit testimonials from previous customers (if they have any) and get some info on warranty coverages IN WRITING before going that route.

I will say that in general; the aftermarket battery upgrade process has done fairly well. The newer batteries are a HUGE improvement in capacity, heat tolerance and longevity so far after 5 plus years starting with the 40's

DaveinOlyWA said:
RangeAnxiety said:

Thank you!

Never heard of them. I would solicit testimonials from previous customers (if they have any) and get some info on warranty coverages IN WRITING before going that route.

I will say that in general; the aftermarket battery upgrade process has done fairly well. The newer batteries are a HUGE improvement in capacity, heat tolerance and longevity so far after 5 plus years starting with the 40's

Thank you all. I actually just had an interesting conversation with EV Rides in Oregon who were extremely transparent about where/how batteries were sourced (other vehicles) and their approach. I 'm still early in my due diligence, but based on the google reviews and their apparent knowledge of the market these guys might be worth looking into: https://www.evridespdx.com/

Location? Website.
Having done a 40kWh upgrade (myself), I can tell you that's not a bad price (if done right).

RangeAnxiety said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
RangeAnxiety said:

Thank you!

Thank you all. I actually just had an interesting conversation with EV Rides in Oregon who were extremely transparent about where/how batteries were sourced (other vehicles) and their approach. I 'm still early in my due diligence, but based on the google reviews and their apparent knowledge of the market these guys might be worth looking into: https://www.evridespdx.com/

EV Rides is a completely different story. I know several who have dealt with them and all have been very happy with the results. If you are in their area, I would def recommend them as well. Although their prices change based on what the cost of the salvage pack is, I know one who just did a 62 kwh for just over $15K.

Stanton said:
Location? Website.
Having done a 40kWh upgrade (myself), I can tell you that's not a bad price (if done right).

EV Rides is in Portland, OR. They specialize in Leafs, in particular. https://www.evridespdx.com/

Stanton said:
Location? Website.

Thank you for the feedback and kudos to you for doing it yourself.

DaveinOlyWA said:
RangeAnxiety said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

EV Rides is a completely different story. I know several who have dealt with them and all have been very happy with the results. If you are in their area, I would def recommend them as well. Although their prices change based on what the cost of the salvage pack is, I know one who just did a 62 kwh for just over $15K.

Thank you for the response. That is consistent with my experience. I am looking at a 62 kWh with 95% health for about the same price, that quote is based on my existing pack which is in pretty good health.

Back