Leaf 2018 SL - Front camera not working.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thetank

Hi,

I bought a 2018 Leaf SL about a week ago, so far I am really happy about it. Fun to drive and real smooth.

I checked for other posts about this, but I could not see any, so here it goes :
When I go in reverse and see the 360 overhead view of my car in the display, the front section is solid grey. I would suspect that I have no signal coming from that camera.

But before jumping to conclusions and buying a new assembly, I wanted to see if maybe there was a way to try and reset it, maybe a SW update? Reset car to factory settings ( is that recommended in any case? ) ?

I have not yet looked at how it is installed physically and try to find the connector, but I will soon enough.
I mostly want some Input as to what could be the cause and what solutions there might be that don't require me to have to buy anything.

Thanks a lot for our insights on this!

Simple test. When the Leaf is in drive mode and parked, press the camera button. That will give you the forward looking camera in a bigger picture. If that one is still gray, then it's either a failed camera or some issue with the wires leading to it. Heck, might even be the deck unit, so that might be 3 things to check. My guess would be the camera up front got broken by some road debris.

Back