DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shay said:
What dealerships did everyone order from? I was finally able to request a quote.

I ordered from Don Davis in Arlington -- very conveniently located for me. A couple of other folks have ordered from Grapevine -- and I heard they both got pretty good deals.

J.

Grapevine quoted me MSRP. They asked me to resubmit since the salesman was not aware they could discount. That is not make feel very good about them.

shay said:
What dealerships did everyone order from? I was finally able to request a quote.

I'll suggest Grubbs ... if you see the spreadsheet, I ordered on the 9/20, because I shopped around a little. (was able to RAQ on the 9th)
Grubbs had the best price...
I live real close to Don Davis .. and it would have been more convenient .. but .. for the $ .. I went with Grubbs.

.. tell them dpfeif sent you ;)

From the Leaf over Texas thread .. I found garygid stated

"Out West, we see/saw these discounts: (approximate information)
MSRP (no discount) many places (few sales)
$500 for a while (discontinued, I think)
$1000 in a fair number of major places (selling many)
$1100 to $1300 a very few places
$1550 (at or near invoice) a couple places
$1700 (%5 discount) two places, I think
"

you may view invoice pricing at
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1022

Ordered mine at the end of October from Texas Nissan in Grapevine. About $250 less than MSRP. I worked with Richard Curry, no pressure, nice guy.

I also ordered from Grapevine and got $800 off MSRP from Richard Curry, as did member Eddiey. Unfortunately, it appears Grapevine has decided to pull back from that discount.

The only other dealer I know of in Texas with that significant an offer is World Car Nissan in San Antonio, though I don't yet know of anyone that's ordered from them in the short time since the discount was announced.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2688

Andy

Strongly recommended, to save you a lot of time, hassle, and delay:

Call the dealer(s) and work out your deal BEFORE you RAQ. Even better, do it before your dashboard "opens" for RAQ and Ordering. Then, your RAQ should take only minutes, and have no surprises. :D

adric22 said:
I already got mine. I'm in Kennedale. Anyone else around in my area such as Arlington, Ft.Worth, Forest Hill, Mansfield?

Yap ..
Myself and jhm614 are just up the road from you .. I'm by Martin, and jmh614 is up the road off of Green Oaks (and Arkansas ?)

I would definitely avoid Courtesy Nissan. They added "dealer installs" when they got my car without even asking for my permission (pinstripe (I hate pinstripes, but I took it off the minute I got home), nitrogen in the tires, a Rain-X package, wheel locks, ceramic tint (which wasn't installed)) that added over $1100 to the price of the LEAF. We were so livid that they'd even do that considering we built this car to our specifications straight from Nissan. After my wife went into their finance area and basically called everyone idiots, they removed the price of the options (and left them on the car). It still wasn't a very fun experience. I still plan on writing Nissan a letter about it, actually.

dash said:
I would definitely avoid Courtesy Nissan. They added "dealer installs" when they got my car without even asking for my permission (pinstripe (I hate pinstripes, but I took it off the minute I got home), nitrogen in the tires, a Rain-X package, wheel locks, ceramic tint (which wasn't installed)) that added over $1100 to the price of the LEAF. We were so livid that they'd even do that considering we built this car to our specifications straight from Nissan. After my wife went into their finance area and basically called everyone idiots, they removed the price of the options (and left them on the car). It still wasn't a very fun experience. I still plan on writing Nissan a letter about it, actually.

Reminds me of the scene in the movie "Fargo" when they install the rustproofing without the owner's permission.

Dearest other DFW EV aficionados,

As embarrassing as it might be to admit, have any of you run out of juice yet? If so, what's the story? Where was it? Who did you call for help, and if it was a tow truck how much did they charge and how did you feel about their service?

As embarrassing as it might be, it would be a good idea for us to be prepared and learn from each other's mistakes.

dallasmay said:

As embarrassing as it might be to admit, have any of you run out of juice yet? If so, what's the story? Where was it? Who did you call for help, and if it was a tow truck how much did they charge and how did you feel about their service?

As embarrassing as it might be, it would be a good idea for us to be prepared and learn from each other's mistakes.

Hmmm... does Nissan's roadside assistance cover this?

dallasmay said:

No, not yet. My wife came close a few days ago. We live in Kennedale, she works up by DF/W airport. Normally this makes for about 45 miles round-trip. Well, a few days ago she decided to go visit a co-worker in the hospital at Parkland over in Dallas immediately after work. As you are probably aware, there is virtually nowhere in DF/W to recharge right now, certainly no chargers between the hospital and home. Still, she made it home with 10 miles or so remaining. The car was flashing up low battery warnings at her.

I had even pulled up "plugshare" app on my iPad to see if there were any residential units offered for sharing between the hospital and home and there was nothing. Anything available would have been so far out of the way that it would have been counter productive.

Speaking of that, we did add ourselves to the Plugshare database. I recommend anyone else around here do the same, whether you have an EV yet or not. I know I certainly wouldn't mind helping out a fellow EV'er by letting them charge at my house for a couple of hours if it means saving them from a tow-truck. Unfortunately, we only have 110V outlets on the outside of the house, so nobody would be able to use our 220V / J1772 unless we were home to open the garage. Perhaps in the future I'll see about running a 220V outlet to the brick outside of our garage so people could pull up and use it.

OK, I've joined plugshare, so if you guys ever need a charge, give me a buzz, I'm in north Irving just south of 635. I've got a standard plug on the outside of the house you can use if nobody is at home or a 240 EV charger in the garage. Hopefully, we can help each other from getting stranded.

Just so yall DFW people are aware, I posted a new post for eVgo and public charging in the DFW area:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1821&start=10

In a nutshell, eVgo is putting a TON of level 2 & 3 (yes DC fast chargers!) in the DFW area. One is open, and ~20 or more should be open by the end of the year (I think more but I am trying to be conservative). The unfortunate part is you must purchase one of their plans to have access to the system. For people like me that don't have their home charger yet, these deals are pretty good.

It looks like DFW will have one of the most extensive charging networks available, especially for level 3 chargers.

My wife and I just ordered a Leaf! I was so excited -I've never bought a new car before. Felt great until we went to stick the "I QUIT" sticker on our gas tank lid, and found out that it's not actually a sticker. :p

It should be here by.... September, maybe?

I haven't gotten Leaf yet. Maybe it will come this week. I guess I'm an optimist since I've been saying that for a while.

I do see that many in DFW have gotten theirs. Don't you think it's time we start planning a Leaf gathering for the DFW area. Something centrally located like Abuelo's on I-20 in Arlington could be good, maybe Tuesday May 17 at 7PM.

Any takers?

Back