Japanese LEAF Owners take over Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Has anyone noticed how our Japanese LEAF owner friends are totally dominating the Carwings energy efficiency world rankings?!?!?! There's now 125 LEAFs in the running on Carwings, so more cars are being delivered....The Japanese folks have racked up some pretty impressive energy efficiency numbers....Of course, it's not meant to be a competition or anything :)

I am still #1 for distance traveled and regen (G&G'sLEAF)! But the other four positions all have the Japanese Flag hanging over them. Driving in Japan is way different than here. They do not have the 60 mile commutes in 65 to 75 MPH traffic. Much more local stop and go traffic, thus the better energy economy and eco trees. I saw one Japanese driver earned 20 something trees in one day! Most I have is 6 because of heavy traffic on my morning commute due to accidents and rain one day. That was 6 with 80% charge. 20 Trees is crazy for one day and 110 miles traveled! No it's not a competition ;)

hobbyguy said:
I am still #1 for distance traveled ...
I am calling *FOUL* on those Rankings. The car has 2,176 miles on the Odometer, and, no, we didn't drive 1,076 miles since Feb22 (CarWings shows 1,100.2 miles as of that date).

Notice in Signature below ... as of 02/13/2011 car had 1,625 miles. I'll update signature in a short while.

P.S.: We need to "slow down" ... car is on a 15,000 mile/year lease ... the current annual rate is 22,062 :shock:

**UPDATE**: I see what's wrong with CarWings now ... (and there are probably other "bugs"). The 1,100.2 is *JUST* for the month of February alone (thru 2/22). CarWings should properly track the total since delivery as well. And there's apparently no way to show the January miles ... except in my own history, but I don't think others can view that, right ? ( I don't have time at the moment to mess with all the CarWings screens. )

I have been holding in the top 5 spots for efficiency for the last few days (skywagon2) but I did not check last night. I guess we will just go off our regional (USA) numbers... I will stay with 2nd.

hobbyguy said:
I am still #1 for distance traveled and regen (G&G'sLEAF)! But the other four positions all have the Japanese Flag hanging over them. Driving in Japan is way different than here. They do not have the 60 mile commutes in 65 to 75 MPH traffic. Much more local stop and go traffic, thus the better energy economy and eco trees. I saw one Japanese driver earned 20 something trees in one day! Most I have is 6 because of heavy traffic on my morning commute due to accidents and rain one day. That was 6 with 80% charge. 20 Trees is crazy for one day and 110 miles traveled! No it's not a competition ;)

I like to tell people asking about the car that I'm the #2 miles driver in the world (so far). But it look like your commute is a few miles more than mine a day, so I doubt I'll ever catch you.
But hey, if I have to drive behind you, at least it's nice that you're not spewing emissions out a tailpipe!!! :lol:

LEAFer said:
P.S.: We need to "slow down" ... car is on a 15,000 mile/year lease ... the current annual rate is 22,062 :shock:

I'm averaging about 20,000+/ year, but I was expecting that. I'm throwing about $80/mo into a separate savings account just for the overage in the likely event that I don't buy the car at the end of the lease. If I DO buy, then it's extra $$, but if not, it's my excess mileage @.15/mi ready to be paid.

(I don't like surprises when it comes to $$)

Enjoy it now, Skywagon! I would bet efficiency will go down some once we are turning on that Climate Control for A/C. ;) Actually, I wonder if the battery efficiency will go up in our Phoenix heat, to offset some of the 'cost' of A/C? It would be interesting to see what ambient temperature is most efficient for the Leaf.

Can you tell how many total Leaf owners there are, through Carwings? Or does it just show you Eco-Trees?

phxsmiley said:
Enjoy it now, Skywagon! I would bet efficiency will go down some once we are turning on that Climate Control for A/C. ;) Actually, I wonder if the battery efficiency will go up in our Phoenix heat, to offset some of the 'cost' of A/C? It would be interesting to see what ambient temperature is most efficient for the Leaf.

Can you tell how many total Leaf owners there are, through Carwings? Or does it just show you Eco-Trees?

I think you'll be surprised at how efficient the A/C is. Is doesn't drain NEARLY as much power as the heater does!!

As for total Leaf owners, Carwings is showing 124 participants so far, but you have to manually go into Carwings to participate in the "world rankings", so I'm guessing that's probably only 10-20% of the number of actual cars out there....

Screenshot2011-02-24at112705AM.png

Some of the Leaf's in Japan are also operated as taxis, which is why they have a ton more trips. (We used to be 1st or 2nd until mid Feb when we went on vacation...)

-u

Back