EVSE Home Assessment Scheduling is Live!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Logging into your account, you can now schedule your home assessment. Dates start in late July. Unfortunately, it would appear there is a $100 fee that we're on the hook for:

ha.jpg

ha2.jpg

One thing to note though - it looks like the fee is more like a non-refundable deposit. The details say that the fee will be applied to the purchase of the home charging dock installation. So as long as you are definitely going to do the installation you won't be losing/spending anything extra.

Another piece of information I don't recall seeing before (my emphasis):
AeroVironment Inc. is the Nissan recommended partner certified to conduct the assessment and install the home charging dock for the Nissan LEAF. You are under no obligation to use AeroVironment Inc. in this capacity. Should you elect to use an alternate installer, please call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV.
Is anyone planning on going with another company? Part of me feels like I should "shop around", and the rest of me says "nah, let's just stick with Nissan on this - there are too many 'new' things going on here to mess with it"

JasonT said:
Another piece of information I don't recall seeing before (my emphasis):
AeroVironment Inc. is the Nissan recommended partner certified to conduct the assessment and install the home charging dock for the Nissan LEAF. You are under no obligation to use AeroVironment Inc. in this capacity. Should you elect to use an alternate installer, please call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV.
Is anyone planning on going with another company? Part of me feels like I should "shop around", and the rest of me says "nah, let's just stick with Nissan on this - there are too many 'new' things going on here to mess with it"

Any know the breakdown of the cost of the charger vs. the cost of the installation? I think the total cost is supposed to be about $2200?

If the installation pushes into 4 figures, I'd think shopping around would be good - how hard can it be to install a 220V device. Likely you could do it yourself if you understand a little about wiring.

I suppose it's possible it will go live for folks based on their zip code and whether Aerovironment has actually lined up installers in that area.

Someone should ask Nissan about this in a live chat. :)

LakeLeaf said:
Any know the breakdown of the cost of the charger vs. the cost of the installation? I think the total cost is supposed to be about $2200?
I don't know if I've seen anything "official" - I thought the unit itself was less than $500. I am expecting my own installation to be less than the $2200 that is being tossed around - I already have a 220 pre-wire connection in my garage, so the installation is probably just going to be putting in a little bit of conduit and mounting to the wall.
LakeLeaf said:
If the installation pushes into 4 figures, I'd think shopping around would be good - how hard can it be to install a 220V device. Likely you could do it yourself if you understand a little about wiring.
Probably - me personally I do not like messing with electricity. Just one of my personal phobias. I realize it is 'simple' stuff, but I would just rather it done right and I don't trust myself to be able to do it right.

no one is "getting it", even the simplest installation is going to be $2200, that is the combined price for the EVSE, Pulling the permit, and having the electrician wire it. They are not going to give you a "piece parts" breakdown. If you are an electrician or know one, I suggest getting it done yourself, it will end up costing much less.

I am having my electrical service upgraded to 200A (from 150A), and having a 100A subpanel added to my garage, as I only have a 60A service currently to the garage.

This is for future EV charging and possible future PV on the roof.

mwalsh said:
Logging into your account, you can now schedule your home assessment. Dates start in late July.

Where are you seeing it ? Do you have to go through the config or is it a link on the dashboard ?

not live on my phoenix Leaf either...

Oh well, not in a huge rush...gotta get the solar panels hooked up first, then I will worry about adding the charger to my system

Gavin

evnow said:
Where are you seeing it ? Do you have to go through the config or is it a link on the dashboard ?
When you click on "My Account" after logging into the Leaf website it's a whole panel that is displayed - the first screen shot that mwalsh put up shows it. So if you only see the reservation panel after clicking on "My Account" then you aren't getting it.

This will be the new mystery though, for who it is and isn't showing for. It is showing for me and I live outside of Tucson, AZ. I am surprised that it's not showing for Gavin's Phoenix Leaf.

For those that it isn't showing yet, I wouldn't stress too much yet. Heck, I only knew about it being available because of mwalsh's post. Additionally, like he said, the first available dates are in late July -- so there is some time here for things to get settled/figured out.

I'd guess they are slowly opening it up - depending on local elctrician arrangements ?

Congratulations to mwalsh :)

I also live in Los Angeles and did not get the Inspection Reservations. So I will be in the Cheering Section for all of you out there that are moving forward. :D

Chris

Well it could be a few things....one my Albuquerque order is a day one order...but out of start up areas

my Phoenix order is in a start up area, but is not a day one order...it is day one of the second order date...

so maybe they aren't asking me because my early order is out of area and my in area order is not early...

gah, it's like i'm writing lines from through the looking glass

Gavin

My palatial Sacramento, CA ghetto home is scheduled for an assessment on July 19th. There's a rather ominous looking check box that appears when you get the message. Mine now just says "home assessment scheduled. But my check box is still empty. I guess they are serious about this "you have to have a charger installed" thing.

The agreement you must "sign" includes a lot of interesting open ended stuff. Such as, the installer will assess whether or not you need a 120v outlet in the car's location in addition to evaluating for the charger.

I guess this means I have to have the back yard mowed by July 19th. I'll get right on it.

Clippy said:
I guess this means I have to have the back yard mowed by July 19th. I'll get right on it.

C'mmon - no need to move the whole back yard. Just a couple of runs to make a path ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back