The Leaf buffers Carwings data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

I've been working with Nissan on an issue with my Carwings. March 9 was the last good data showing up on the website, and only half on my March 9 data was visible (the trip to work and not the trip home). I didn't connect the dots at first, but I think the reason the Leaf stopped sending data was because I hit the "deny" button or whatever they call it at startup on the NAV screen at that time as an experiment to see what happened. Ever since I did that, the car wouldn't send data, no matter how many times I hit "ok" at the NAV screen.

What seemed to fix the problem was me going into the NAV screen and turning off/on the feature to send data. That seemed to toggle it and get it restarted.

Here's where it gets interesting, though. I did the toggle yesterday. In the middle of the day today I checked on my Carwings data, and it was filled in from 3/9 through 3/18. Hmm....

Then after getting home tonight and looking again, it caught up and populated the data from 3/18 through today. So the car held almost 3 weeks of data and sent it up to the mothership when I got it working......

Randy

Randy said:
Then after getting home tonight and looking again, it caught up and populated the data from 3/18 through today. So the car held almost 3 weeks of data and sent it up to the mothership when I got it working......

Yes, I noticed that too when all my data populated despite my problems with the Bluetooth on my one phone interfering with data communications. I figured it uploaded all my stuff on the rare occasion that I wouldn't have the phone with me or had the phone with me but didn't have Bluetooth turned on. I was actually quite pleased I hadn't lost anything.

That just feels wrong. If I say no, I expected that trip to never show up in Carwings. Although, truly, asking is just stupid, anyway...if I didn't want to send, I could just turn it off in the menu.

davewill said:
That just feels wrong. If I say no, I expected that trip to never show up in Carwings.
I do not believe they are saying that "no" trips show up in Carwings. I believe they are saying that when they have had transmission/communication/data problems, that once they got that fixed that all trips that happened in between (that they had said "yes" to) got uploaded.

Back