Nissan port / long beach & 1500 cars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aries

I'm one of the forgotten april deliveries (sept/oct orders). I know some ships came in ("tracking ships") with 1500(?) vehicles but haven't really seen much change in deliveries here. What is the current consensus as to what happened to these -- do we think they're all still sitting at the port somewhere? I presume, if so, they'd be stored outside in a lot?

If so, can someone educate me (maybe post a screen shot of google satellite maps with their dock/lot circled) where these cars would be? I have ready access to a Jet Ranger (helicopter) and might just take an overflight and can readily take some photos to post, maybe tomorrow or tuesday. I just don't know where to look.

aries said:
I have ready access to a Jet Ranger (helicopter)

I just have to say, how freakin' cool is that!?

I'm excited enough about my new electric car, but to be able to fly a helicopter, well, ground travel must be so passe.

aries said:
do we think they're all still sitting at the port somewhere? I presume, if so, they'd be stored outside in a lot?
Yes, most likely. Latest rumor is that they were being held in port by customs which is why we haven't seen Carwins/VINs for the most recent port deliveries (which normally occurs a couple days after the ship leaves the port). With the recent AC issue, no doubt they will be making sure all cars have been flashed with the latest software update before leaving port, too, once they get out of customs.

aries said:
If so, can someone educate me (maybe post a screen shot of google satellite maps with their dock/lot circled) where these cars would be? I have ready access to a Jet Ranger (helicopter) and might just take an overflight and can readily take some photos to post, maybe tomorrow or tuesday. I just don't know where to look.
Lots of information on ports/ships in the "Tracking Ships" thread, but here's a link of Nissan's port in Long Beach for you.

http://goo.gl/maps/FJ1x

Can't miss all the cars wrapped in white plastic in port.

I am starting to think with all the timing issues either Nissan is reassigning vehicles by hand or has reduced the minimal visibility of the delivery. Possibly those with a month will wait until the seven day email before getting a date and VIN.

I have a friend with a boat right across the Chanel from there, I'll ask him to snap a few pix of the lot if he can see the leafs and then post them here.

drees said:
Lots of information on ports/ships in the "Tracking Ships" thread, but here's a link of Nissan's port in Long Beach for you.

http://goo.gl/maps/FJ1x

Can't miss all the cars wrapped in white plastic in port.

Thanks, this is perfect. I'll likely take a flight up there around 3'ish today; looks like a nice day for a coastal flight up from SD!

I'm a fixed wing pilot (Comm/Inst) but I do have about 30 hours in choppers and it is an entirely different kind of flying. But equally fun!

mwalsh said:
Oh, and I've always wanted a helicopter ride and have been two cheap to book one. So....... ;)

mogur said:
I'm a fixed wing pilot (Comm/Inst) but I do have about 30 hours in choppers and it is an entirely different kind of flying. But equally fun!

I've done some fixed wing myself....RAF de Havilland "Chipmunk" trainers back when I was in high-school. Would LOVE to learn to fly a chopper. Was on my "bucket list" there for a while, but these days I'd settle for a ride. Every time we go to Vegas I look at those cheap strip jaunts, but I've yet to take the opportunity.

mwalsh said:
mogur said:

Every time we go to Vegas I look at those cheap strip jaunts, but I've yet to take the opportunity.

Mike, cheap strip joints, really?

mwalsh said:
Every time we go to Vegas I look at those cheap strip jaunts, but I've yet to take the opportunity.
Mike, you should definitely try the cheap strip joints! Worth every penny.

Oh... "jaunts!" Nevermind...

I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

Heading back to SD. Will post some photos after I land.

As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!

-Aries

aries said:
As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!
You sure? Based on the details in the spreadsheet (doesn't look like you've updated recently) you should still be May. Don't believe the email you got from Nissan about it - everyone got that email.

Thanks for the flyover - looking forward to the pics!

Good job. Between the ship tracking and now the heli-flyovers, there is very little Nissan can hide from us....of course they are very good at hiding VINs and delivery dates. :D

They might have just put up a camo cover with Leafs painted on it... Underneath are Versas!

MaryC said:
Good job. Between the ship tracking and now the heli-flyovers, there is very little Nissan can hide from us....of course they are very good at hiding VINs and delivery dates. :D

aries said:
I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

-Aries

I'm not sure if people realize this anymore but this board is really going crazy. I thought getting pics of the ship at the port was amazing, but then people started stalking location of ships and now flying choppers! So I suspect someone will now start taking satellite images next???

Regardless good job and looking forward for the images!

mogur said:
They might have just put up a camo cover with Leafs painted on it... Underneath are Versas!

Like this...from a distance you think it's a really cool original cinquecento, but underneath it's just another pedestrian Fiat 500:

cinq1.jpg

cinq2.jpg

aries said:

-Aries

LOL! That's awesome! Just freaking awesome! Can't want to see the intel !

Back