Nissan port / long beach & 1500 cars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aries said:
I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

You Sir, are my personal hero!

Now swoop down low and spot #1508 for me :p

aries said:
I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

Heading back to SD. Will post some photos after I land.

As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!

-Aries

For Mogur and aries: Watch your altitudes down there in LA Harbor area, so as not to violate FAR's. Also, be sure to get a clearance into Class B airspace where applicable. I say this as a retired LAX ATC Controller, and friend of the VNY FSDO. ;)

derkraut said:
For Mogur and aries: Watch your altitudes down there in LA Harbor area, so as not to violate FAR's. Also, be sure to get a clearance into Class B airspace where applicable. I say this as a retired LAX ATC Controller, and friend of the VNY FSDO. ;)

Does that mean you could have gotten Aries permission to set it down at the Nissan dock? :lol: That would have been real hoot - both overhead shots and a series of closeups!

LakeLeaf said:
derkraut said:

Does that mean you could have gotten Aries permission to set it down at the Nissan dock? :lol: That would have been real hoot - both overhead shots and a series of closeups!

Afraid not....I don't have that much horsepower! ;)

takoyaki said:
So I suspect someone will now start taking satellite images next???
We need Jack Bauer to have Chloe defy the laws of orbital mechanics again and position a geostationary satellite directly over Long Beach. :twisted:

Ok, got a bunch of pics which I will upload tonight and post a link... but the anticipation I started earlier, heres one to go on until I complete uploading the others.

A processing building.. note the leaves! :) Seems like blue was popular!

DSC_1396.JPG

For anyone interested in the tools of the trade.. the chopper....

chopper.JPG

More soon

-Aries

drees said:
aries said:
As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!
You sure? Based on the details in the spreadsheet (doesn't look like you've updated recently) you should still be May. Don't believe the email you got from Nissan about it - everyone got that email.

Thanks for the flyover - looking forward to the pics!

Well hard to know.. I just got that email today, while taking my photos in-fact, so its fresh. But I just logged into the DB and still have a "Month of April"?! Maybe it will change to pending tonight, who knows. Tiring. Especially after all the leaves I just saw today!

It's a little hard to tell but looking at the taillights, it appears the majority of those are not Leafs...

aries said:
Ok, got a bunch of pics which I will upload tonight and post a link... but the anticipation I started earlier, heres one to go on until I complete uploading the others.

A processing building.. note the leaves! :) Seems like blue was popular!

mogur said:
It's a little hard to tell but looking at the taillights, it appears the majority of those are not Leafs...

The majority isn't. Its a huge facility. The leaf in number is not dominant amongst all the other vehicles but there are a lot of them at the facility.. wait for the other photos later tonight.

Nissan only has themselves to blame. If they were more generous with useful information, we wouldn't have to stoop to such tactics.

Ok, I uploaded my pics. Didn't take the time to do anything fancy.. just a directory listing on my webserver...

have a go at http://aries.spacelink.com/nissan_port/

Curious how many everyone can count out! Sorry some are a little blurry; its not too easy to take rock solid photos from a hovering helicopter.

Heres one showing a bunch of leaves...

DSC_1401.JPG

aries said:
Ok, I uploaded my pics. Didn't take the time to do anything fancy.. just a directory listing on my webserver...

Curious how many everyone can count out! Sorry some are a little blurry; its not too easy to take rock solid photos from a hovering helicopter.

OMG! Look at them all! That is totally amazing!

mwalsh said:
aries said:

OMG! Look at them all! That is totally amazing!

Thnks I see mine and is IS a Month of May(be) delivery

aries said:

Thanks aries for the great pictures. I think those of us waiting for our Leaf, your pics give us hope that there is a good possibility of a delivery shortly. I may be hallucinating but I think one of the blue Leafs has one of my two VINs on it.

BTW, how long were you over the site taking pics?

Back