Nissan port / long beach & 1500 cars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
derkraut said:
aries said:
I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

Heading back to SD. Will post some photos after I land.

As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!

-Aries

For Mogur and aries: Watch your altitudes down there in LA Harbor area, so as not to violate FAR's. Also, be sure to get a clearance into Class B airspace where applicable. I say this as a retired LAX ATC Controller, and friend of the VNY FSDO. ;)

Ahhhh. don't worry about it! Just give me your N number before you take off and I'll make sure you don't get into any trouble. I say this as a current SOCAL TRACON ATC. ;)

(derkraut, when did you retire??)

Will those “1500” Leafs be delivered to first 5 states only?

How many people who ordered Leaf in 2010 are still on the line waiting for their cars’ delivery?

Zhaohui said:
Will those “1500” Leafs be delivered to first 5 states only?

How many people who ordered Leaf in 2010 are still on the line waiting for their cars’ delivery?
My guess is at least 1500 are still waiting for cars that ordered in 2010.

aries said:
I'm in flight right now circling the nissan dock and youll all be happy to know there is a crapload of leafs there!

Heading back to SD. Will post some photos after I land.

As a reward for this recon; It seems Nissan has moved me back to pending today. Sigh!

-Aries
Thanks for the amazing photos, aries!

One comment: I'm no flying expert, but how in the world are you posting such long messages to the web while piloting a helicopter?!

Brian said:
I'm no flying expert, but how in the world are you posting such long messages to the web while piloting a helicopter?!
I was wondering the same thing! Maybe it has auto-hover? :shock:

You guys are nuts, you know? I had thought that this was just a running joke. Now I'm wondering whether we should all expect discreet knocks on the door.

LakeLeaf said:
If there was ever the slightest doubt about it, the folks at Nissan are now assured that MNL members are certifiably nuts!
Beautiful! Thanks for the great photos, aries.

I wonder how long it will take for the auto bloggers to be 'reporting' on this ... ABG? AC Electric? :lol:

linkim said:
aries said:
BTW, how long were you over the site taking pics?

Didn't take long; maybe a couple minutes circling and a few in a hover over that central building taking the close up pics.

Longest part was flight up from San Diego but flying up the coast low on a nice day is a good outing.

GeekEV said:
Brian said:
I'm no flying expert, but how in the world are you posting such long messages to the web while piloting a helicopter?!
I was wondering the same thing! Maybe it has auto-hover? :shock:

Lol.. Actually you'd be surprised.. Not too hard to do really. But the secret here? I wasn't the only one in the chopper.. Much easier to take photos if you have help!

Nice that the cell phones work from there though and one can read the MNL forum while circling the Nissan dock in a helicopter. It's all completely nuts for sure!

Glad everyones enjoying these photos. Hopefully Nissan sees its hard to keep secrets from us! :twisted: And moreso hopefully these leaves will shortly end up in our garages, I'd surely like the next time I see mine to not require a helicopter and 50 gallons of Jet-A! :lol:

Impressive set of pictures. I started to count the number of LEAFs but had to stop myself.

I think we need a life. This can't be healthy.

Maybe we need a slogan like the Red Green show's man's prayer but slightly modified. It could be recited at the beginning of any local LEAF gathering.
I'm a LEAF fan(atic) but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

The only advice i can offer is "hang in there!" I too was so obsessed with getting the car that I was convinced it would be a huge letdown once i actually got it. But the reality of the situation is that I'm still tickled pink with it after almost two months. Ok, it's got a few annoyances and glitches to be worked out, but I don't care. In a way I'm envious of you guys, I wish I had pictures when I was waiting - but, on the other hand, I think it probably would have killed me to know that my car was out there somewhere and I couldn't have it... I feel your pain! :oops:

I'll be skydiving onto the Long Beach Nissan dock soon to get some ground pics and VIN number shots.lol Great pics. Gives me hope that my week of May 6th delivery LEAF is among them. Customs must be very slow.

Interesting the proportion of white ones. I thought BLUE was clearly the favorite color... Maybe, if there is disproportionate colors that explains some of the reason why some january orders have delivery dates. Or are the white ones for rental fleets?

Back