What Version Software Is In Your Leaf + "a/c lockup" ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version software is your Leaf and are you having the "a/c lockup" problem?

• I have version 3NA0A and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I have version 3NA0B and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • I have version 3NA0C and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had version 3NA0A with "a/c lockup", now running ? version

• I had version 3NA0B with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Jimmydreams

If you don't know what software your car is running on, here's how you can find out:

Car power to first Aux position (so start button once without your foot on brake)
Audio system power off
Rapid push of Map button 3 times
Rapid push of Audio System Power button twice
Push Map button once more
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Then selecte the "Version Information".

Please post your VIN # so we can track which group is having the problems....

You might want to insert in the OP that you select Confirmation/Adjustment before getting to the version info screen.

Is there a way of referencing VIN#s to figure out where the software groups are occurring?

#202 is running "A".

TRONZ said:
You might want to insert in the OP that you select Confirmation/Adjustment before getting to the version info screen.

Is there a way of referencing VIN#s to figure out where the software groups are occurring?

#202 is running "A".

OP edited, thanks, TRONZ.

As for the VIN #, that would be helpful to find the grouping with the problem (if there is one), but has anyone confirmed that the VIN # denotes the order that they were produced at the factory?? I know if doesn't make a difference as to what order the cars are delivered in....perhaps if we post out VIN # in the message portion, we can figure out the affected group.

#175 is A

#653 and version B. Didn't vote since I'm too scared to try to replicate "the problem".

Vin # 0872

I had the AC lockup and update from dealer on 3/30/11 and am now running 3NAOB.
Not sure what the original version was.

I just noticed that this poll might show zero or very few responses for the last four alternatives, because the people who had problems would probably have had an update/rollback already and probably wouldn't know what version they had previously. The only responses for those four alternatives would be people who just had the problem and are waiting for a fix and have access to their LEAF to query for software version (as opposed to having their LEAF at the dealer's shop).

Maybe the OP should add an "I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running ..." option?

Maybe the OP should add an "I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running ..." option?[/quote]

If that option is offered change my vote to unknown first version, now B.

Vin # 573, Ver. 3NA0B. locked up twice (I was the first to report the problem). I have no idea what was the original version( that's why I couldn't vote).
I'm playing it safe:I turned the pre-cool feature inside my garage for the second time. Too timid to try it when I'm busy. Although, the dealer called me to make sure that the car runs ok and assures me that I can turn the A/C remotely without any problems.
Otherwise, I enjoy driving my Leaf and would never go back to ICE.

VIN 0532, delievery 3/9/11. Didn't try AC, so I don't know if I would have encountered any problems. But I contacted Nissan CS on 4/2/11 to find out if I needed to the software patch. At that time, I was not given any affirmative answers. Paul from CS was actually quite helpful and did contact me few times after that. It was suggested that I can get the update done. I went to Furture Nissan in Roseville on 4/7/11 and got the update done. Local dealer didn't know what actually was done as apparently, Nissan did it remotely. Nothing was mentioned on the "customer" copy I got from them. Tom Ley from Future Nissan was quite helpful and forthcoming though.
I have 3NA0B now but don't really what was there before this.

aqn said:
I just noticed that this poll might show zero or very few responses for the last four alternatives, because the people who had problems would probably have had an update/rollback already and probably wouldn't know what version they had previously. The only responses for those four alternatives would be people who just had the problem and are waiting for a fix and have access to their LEAF to query for software version (as opposed to having their LEAF at the dealer's shop).

Maybe the OP should add an "I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running ..." option?

Good idea. Anyone may change their vote if the new options are more appropriate.

:mrgreen:

I believe I was running version 3NA0B when I had a/c lockup after using iPhone pre-cool feature. The LEAF tech at the dealer adjusted the amount of coolent in the A/C. I called a few days later to see if he had downloaded a new version of software and he said "no". He will let me know what he hear's from Nissan techs about new software.

Vin# 0604.

Back