What Version Software Is In Your Leaf + "a/c lockup" ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version software is your Leaf and are you having the "a/c lockup" problem?

• I have version 3NA0A and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I have version 3NA0B and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • I have version 3NA0C and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had version 3NA0A with "a/c lockup", now running ? version

• I had version 3NA0B with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
Azrich said:
I believe I was running version 3NA0B when I had a/c lockup after using iPhone pre-cool feature. Vin# 0604.

If you are fairly certain that the software wasn't altered, can you confirm what is installed now?

If you have C, that would make sense.

AmarilloLeaf said:
Azrich said:
I believe I was running version 3NA0B when I had a/c lockup after using iPhone pre-cool feature. Vin# 0604.

If you are fairly certain that the software wasn't altered, can you confirm what is installed now?

If you have C, that would make sense.

I have 3NA0B now. I never checked the version before the problem, had no way of knowing how to log on to the diagnostics screen, did you?

My LEAF service technician said he has not loaded any new software, therefore I must have had 3NA0B when my car locked up.

I'm confused by the poll section of this thread. Why are there so many options? What are you trying to track? Seems to me you want to try and track which version of software is having trouble. If that is the case, you need only have 3 or 4 choices:

I locked up with "A"
I locked up with "B"
I locked up with "C"
and possibly
I locked up and don't know which version I had.

The last one is for those who had a lock up and can't answer above, but it is not really helpful so not really necessary. Listing cars that are not locking up is not going to provide any meaningful data given the small collection of data-points on this forum.

Running A

No lock up problem so far. I have been running the air conditioning, but haven't pre-cooled the car yet.

#303 and A. One of the few Feb deliveries.

I've actually tried to use AC for cooling ... but fairly sure it won't lock up.

palmermd said:
I'm confused by the poll section of this thread. Why are there so many options? What are you trying to track? Seems to me you want to try and track which version of software is having trouble. If that is the case, you need only have 3 or 4 choices:

I locked up with "A"
I locked up with "B"
I locked up with "C"

and possibly
I locked up and don't know which version I had.

The last one is for those who had a lock up and can't answer above, but it is not really helpful so not really necessary.
I would say it's still helpful in that it keeps a tally of number of people having this problem in one place, instead of sprinkled throughout 50+ pages of posts in the "AC "overcharging" causes failure (was : Failed me on Friday)" thread.

palmermd said:
Listing cars that are not locking up is not going to provide any meaningful data given the small collection of data-points on this forum.
I think this is also useful, because a clear pattern may emerge which may be useful to not only us, but maybe to Nissan as well. For example, as far as we know, no LEAF with 3NA0A has encountered this problem.

A side effect of including the VIN with the s/w version is that now we know that the switch between 3NA0A and 3NA0B happened somewhere between VIN #404 and VIN #471. That information is probably useless; I find it interesting all the same.

I am beginning to think that there is more than simply changing from rev C to B at play here. More than one poster has had the lock-up, has not had a software update, and is on version B. Others that have had the update are also on B. And nobody is reporting rev C.

There may be some other patch involved. It sure would be nice if someone on the inside at Nissan was here to explain this.

mwalsh said:
I for one want to know what the point of the move from the A version of the bios to the B and then to the C was supposed to accomplish.

Good luck getting that from Nissan -- talk about proprietary!

889 and "B".

Mine is the unusual situation of not having had the AC lockup problem, but my car was called in to my PD, Connell Nissan, for a software update because of the potential for the AC problem. I didn't know about the version display prior to my software update, so I don't know what version my car came with.

Looking back at the situations that others had reported, I had never pre-cooled nor turned on the AC while in ACC mode, so I never created the reported failure condition. I had driven about 30 miles with AC on, though, and had no problems with the car.

VIN 716.

Delivery April 2 12noon, 16 miles.

Problem, April 2, 4pm, 34 miles.

Dealer resolved issue on April 4-6. Retook delivery April 7, 11am, 51 miles.

Now I've got 204 miles on the clock :)

M

From the poll, looks like nobody has the "C" version? Are the "C" versions being reprogrammed to "B" at the port and/or by dealers before being released?

Jimmydreams said:
As for the VIN #, that would be helpful to find the grouping with the problem (if there is one), but has anyone confirmed that the VIN # denotes the order that they were produced at the factory??
I was told directly by Brendan Jones at Nissan corporate that the cars are NOT produced in exact VIN order at the factory. Not sure how much variance in sequence is normal for operations, and I'm sure there is a broad correlation between low VINs and early production and high VINs and later production, but there is no exact correspondence to production order. They are definitely "batched" in some way.

My car is #1317 and it is running Part# 3NAOB. No lockups after 150 miles w/ maybe 10% of those using A/C, but we have never pre-cooled the car.

TT

Back