What Version Software Is In Your Leaf + "a/c lockup" ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version software is your Leaf and are you having the "a/c lockup" problem?

• I have version 3NA0A and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I have version 3NA0B and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • I have version 3NA0C and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had version 3NA0A with "a/c lockup", now running ? version

• I had version 3NA0B with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
after a perfect month of ownership and 650 miles use, including plenty of ac use, had the shutdown today. had to tow on flatbed. car is at Nissan we will know more tomorrow mid day.

dk the pre-shutdown software version, but the vin is 430.

was told by Nissan EV hotline that it would "never happen again." I hope not.

it is AMAZING to me that they seem to have almost no experts available to talk to
about the leaf. when we called car wings #, after spending what *seemed like forever* :oops: , describing to the rep in detail about the lockup of our leaf, they asked "so what model is it, like an altima, or.....?" aaaaargh!!! On the EV support line! :evil:

ok i'm calm now. seriously we do LOVE the car!

Infrastructure please come!:)

Vin 0240, delivered Jan 5 with over 3k miles now. We are running 3NA0A. We don't pre-cool and haven't used the A/C a whole lot.

-u

A friend just had his new Leaf delivered to his dealer Friday and picked it on Saturday. It has the version B software. So, apparently that is what all the recalled cars will receive...

mogur said:
A friend just had his new Leaf delivered to his dealer Friday and picked it on Saturday. It has the version B software. So, apparently that is what all the recalled cars will receive...

Well, that is what I have now, and my car still has the issue (I was one of the early problem cars and they only did the A/C flush and recharge on my car at that time). I'm scheduled to take my car into the dealership in the morning. I've documented all the revisions of everything on the diagnostic screens, and we'll see just what changes when I get it back.

Great,
I am eager to hear your results.
Request that they show you exactly what they are going to change,
and then verify that it did change.

Are they using the CAN buss port to do the change,
or the SD card slot (behind the Nav screen)?

Thanks, Gary

garygid said:
Great,
I am eager to hear your results.
Request that they show you exactly what they are going to change,
and then verify that it did change.

I've planned on doing just that.

Are they using the CAN buss port to do the change,
or the SD card slot (behind the Nav screen)?

I'll let you know.

Thanks, Gary

I got a call from my dealership service department this morning. They were having problems with the Consult III computer over the weekend, and it is not working this morning, so she called to reschedule me. We could have tried for tomorrow, but if the machine is not fixed it would have to again be rescheduled, so to insure I only have to make one trip, I am now rescheduled for Friday. The saga continues.....I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for answers.

They use CAN and usually via bluetooth. I have had Consult III on my car about five different times. The systems are not updated via NAV slots, only map data goes there. There should be an update on Consult prompting to update the system once it is connected. You can buy Consult III for about $6500:)

mogur said:

Yep, picked up my car yesterday with B software.

just had the work done - and just wanted to give a quick note. They moved my software from 'B' to 'C' on my service ticket (will check car later to verify) - no info on how range left changed... Car was delivered 03/30, I haven't had the A/C issue, and they haven't proactively touched my software...

Back