Schneider EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lettcco said:
did I misinterpret the brochure, or doesn't the Shnieder EVSE allows to act as a smart meter if edison ever decided to accept it? I don't think AV units have this feature...
This one does nothing but provide power. Even the "delayed charge" feature has to be set every time you want to use it, and gets reset if there is a power blip. I would be shocked (hah) if it had any additional features

Got this bad boy installed today. No car to use it with yet, but hopefully by early next week.

JasonT said:
davewill said:
That logic board looks remarkably like the control board for my pool equipment.
There is a joke in here, but... I just can't figure one out right now.
Didn't you know? He parks and charges his EV in the pool! Therefore the pool controller contains an EVSE! :lol:

(Well, you wanted a joke, I tried....)

kmp647 said:
$850 ?

Plus install
The MSRP is $1,200. A local company that sells Schneider equipment sold it to me for $750 before tax.

Yeah install is on top of that but you know it will be cheaper than AV's install quote! I was quoted $1,400 from AV for an uglier install (conduit all around, instead of using the attic space), and this quote was for.... $400-$500 (I changed something at the last minute, so I have to wait until I get the bill from them to be sure what the cost was)

ElectricVehicle said:
JasonT said:
davewill said:
There is a joke in here, but... I just can't figure one out right now.
Didn't you know? He parks and charges his EV in the pool! Therefore the pool controller contains an EVSE! :lol:

carpool!

mbutter said:
ElectricVehicle said:
davewill said:

carpool!
Thanks for the laugh! Well played! :lol:

(The quote depth (4) was over my head for this forum (3), so sorry JasonT, I drowned your quote.. :) )

JasonT said:
The MSRP is $1,200. A local company that sells Schneider equipment sold it to me for $750 before tax.
That's great, Jason! Glad you got a good price. I wrote to Schneider, and they sent me a descriptive sheet that listed a $1,200 price for their EV2430WS. They suggested that I contact my nearest Schneider dealer to order one, and gave me this link: Schneider Dealer Locator.

However, after finding and calling my local dealer, he told me that the price on his computer was...$1,714.20! Nor would he budge on it, claiming that $1,200 would be below his cost and that he would lose money on it.

I therefore contacted Schneider again to report the price difference. Their response? That they "have no control over what price they sell these at."

Ouch. Guess I won't be able to go with Schneider at my location. Happy for you, though!

Yanquetino said:
JasonT said:
That's great, Jason! Glad you got a good price. I wrote to Schneider, and they sent me a descriptive sheet that listed a $1,200 price for their EV2430WS. They suggested that I contact my nearest Schneider dealer to order one, and gave me this link: Schneider Dealer Locator.

However, after finding and calling my local dealer, he told me that the price on his computer was...$1,714.20! Nor would he budge on it, claiming that $1,200 would be below his cost and that he would lose money on it.

I therefore contacted Schneider again to report the price difference. Their response? That they "have no control over what price they sell these at."

Ouch. Guess I won't be able to go with Schneider at my location. Happy for you, though!
Order it from the other dealer mentioned in this thread or call around to other dealers. The shipping from another dealer would likely be $100 at most, probably quite a bit less so paying the shipping will be well worth it, leaving with $900 savings over your distributor. With those pricing policies, you'll want make sure never to use your local dealer! $1714! Sheesh!

Yanquetino said:
Ouch... that's quite the discrepency. There are two possibilities here - 1)they are lying (it is one thing to say that that's what they will sell it for you at, it's another to insist that $1,200 is that much below their cost) or 2)They looked up the wrong part. It might be worth calling back again and having the dealer make sure he's got the right item.

Or as suggested, look around for another dealer. I can't imagine I was that lucky in the first person I called selling it for the price I got it. And it isn't like Tucson is known as "Deal Central" or anything (Heck, I had to order my Leaf from Washington due to the lack of ability to get a deal here in town).

On another note I got my car today and I can verify that the unit does work. I haven't tried the "timer" function on the EVSE (may never will since I really don't care about it). The green LEDs are sure bright at night - I just went out there, and it keeps lights on indicating how many hours it charged - so I had four bright green bars lighting up my car.

Anyway, I can answer any questions now although I can't imagine what questions there could be at this point.

I called my local electrical supply company who was listed on the Schnieder web site and the price I was quoted and purchased was $795.00. Shipping was free.

Thanks for the suggestions to contact other Schneider distributors. I am happy for those who have secured such great prices for Schneider's EVSE.

Too late to take your advice, however. After the local distributor quoted me that horrendously high price, I decided to just bite the bullet and order a cash-and-carry EVSE from AeroVironment. See my post in the AeroVironment thread.

I've cried wolf on other issues (heater not working) so I was tempted to wait and play with it some more before I posted something here. However, it doesn't seem to be stopping me :)

At least twice now, my car has not charged until I have gone in and pressed the "cancel timer" button in the car. I've double checked and I do not have any charging timers set up. I don't know yet if this is the car, the EVSE, or me. I will try to pay more attention to what lights do/don't turn on, what beeps I get, etc. Anyone else have this unit yet, and experiencing this problem?

JasonT said:
I've cried wolf on other issues (heater not working) so I was tempted to wait and play with it some more before I posted something here. However, it doesn't seem to be stopping me :)

At least twice now, my car has not charged until I have gone in and pressed the "cancel timer" button in the car. I've double checked and I do not have any charging timers set up. I don't know yet if this is the car, the EVSE, or me. I will try to pay more attention to what lights do/don't turn on, what beeps I get, etc. Anyone else have this unit yet, and experiencing this problem?

Assuming you are positive there are no timers "on" in the car, when you plug it in are there any beeps or noises from the car of any kind?

EVDRIVER said:
Assuming you are positive there are no timers "on" in the car, when you plug it in are there any beeps or noises from the car of any kind?
Positive on timers on the car - I "assumed" it came without any timers, but I've gone back and checked twice - both climate control and charge timers are definitely not enabled. I'm definitely hearing beeps, clunks, all sorts of stuff :) (I'm surprised how much noise the car makes when charging). Like I said, I really need to pay more attention, because a "hey, this might not be working right" post by itself doesn't help anyone.

One curious thing I've noticed is that when I first plug the Schneider unit in, it seems to be indicating that it will be doing a delayed charge. The clock icon on the EVSE is displayed, and the "charge in one hour" LED is lit up. However this immediately goes away and the car then starts charging normally.

I will take some notes, pay attention to what happens when it does work right and then hopefully "catch" it doing the wrong thing again. The first time was the VERY first time I plugged in the car, so... there was all kinds of excitement, I even was being video taped, so who knows. I'm only on day 3 of ownership here, so I readily admit I could be doing something not quite right.

Use the included L1 (120v) EVSE to make sure the LEAF is working correctly, at first in "immediate charge" mode (no timers in the LEAF).

Only after that works, try the "more complex" settings, and finally the other EVSE.

Folks,

Maybe I can help with some information.

The list price of the EV2430WS is correct at $1200. The EV230WSR list price is $1800. Congrats to those that scored a discount off list. Both are readily available from the distribution centers.

FYI, SE distributors are contractually restricted from selling outside of their regions. However, as long as they're not caught, you should try to score the best deal you can get. :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Glenn57

I'm looking at purchasing the Schneider Indoor EV Charger (EV2430WS), and am curious if those of you who have it are happy with it. I figured a bit more time has passed since your last posts, and perhaps some additional opinions on the charger have been formulated.

I've read the specs, so don't have any specific questions, just curious if you're still happy with it and would recommend a fellow LEAFer purchase it.

I have a quote from Graybar in southern California for $850+tax (and I'll pickup at local store).

Thanks!

Back