What Version Software Is In Your Leaf + "a/c lockup" ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What version software is your Leaf and are you having the "a/c lockup" problem?

• I have version 3NA0A and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • I have version 3NA0B and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • I have version 3NA0C and no "a/c lockups"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had version 3NA0A with "a/c lockup", now running ? version

• I had version 3NA0B with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version 3NA0C with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0A

• I had version ? with "a/c lockup", now running 3NA0B

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
sdbonez said:
just had the work done - and just wanted to give a quick note. They moved my software from 'B' to 'C' on my service ticket (will check car later to verify) - no info on how range left changed... Car was delivered 03/30, I haven't had the A/C issue, and they haven't proactively touched my software...

And the plot thickens.

Before: Vehicle started at 3NA0B as verified from the screen before the work. I've never had the A/C issue.
After: Service contract clearly states "performed vcm reprogram. 237d0-3na0b programed to 237d0-3na0c"
After: Vehicle states its at 3NA0B after the work.
Service Manager indicated that he confirmed that 'yes, my VIN was impacted'

so, either:
a) the service ticket is wrong and they just overwrote 'B' with 'B'
b) the service ticket is right and the diag screen doesn't report the version correctly (or I'm not looking at enough version lines in the screen to see what else changed)

Following up with him directly but thought I'd share. How much you wanna bet that they didn't keep track of which VINs were actually impacted so they had to bring in a much wider range of vehicles?

-Mike

sdbonez said:
And the plot thickens.

Before: Vehicle started at 3NA0B as verified from the screen before the work. I've never had the A/C issue.
After: Service contract clearly states "performed vcm reprogram. 237d0-3na0b programed to 237d0-3na0c"
After: Vehicle states its at 3NA0B after the work.
Service Manager indicated that he confirmed that 'yes, my VIN was impacted'

so, either:
a) the service ticket is wrong and they just overwrote 'B' with 'B'
b) the service ticket is right and the diag screen doesn't report the version correctly (or I'm not looking at enough version lines in the screen to see what else changed)

Following up with him directly but thought I'd share. How much you wanna bet that they didn't keep track of which VINs were actually impacted so they had to bring in a much wider range of vehicles?

-Mike

Pretty much what I suspected. The diagnostic screen is not displaying the same thing as the software that is getting changed.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3402&start=23

palmermd said:
Pretty much what I suspected. The diagnostic screen is not displaying the same thing as the software that is getting changed.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3402&start=23

Thanks, Palmer - I missed that other post. So that matches one of the scenarios I contemplated. fyi, they had exactly zero info on the range estimate changes so I'll be running my normal commute tomorrow to see if I notice any changes. (guessing I won't)

I might also pull the official TSB since I need the service manual anyways...

Maybe the LEAF needs to Reboot to re-read that Version number?

Other "versions" ARE read from the various control units when the diagnostics screen is generated.

For example, disconnecting the Telematics Control Unit makes its displayed "version" go blank.

Best to show the Diagnostics Screen to the service tech before and after the "service", AND ask to actually SEE avd verify their version info on their CAN-Buss machine BEFORE and AFTER.

Otherwise, there is no telling WHAT software they might have (accidentally) downloaded into your LEAF.

garygid said:
Maybe the LEAF needs to Reboot to re-read that Version number?
The dealer swears up and down that this software update is the same as the early one they applied to my car last week when I had it in (they even checked with Nissan), but my nav screen still reads A. Taking a cue from your idea, I pulled the battery, waited a bit and tried again. No dice. It still reads A. I'm not at all sure that number is what we think it is. Odd though that it matches what some people are seeing printed on their service receipts...

Although the "TCU Software" shows 3NA0000622,
there is no listing for "VCM Software".

The "Part Number" entry (3NA0B on mine) might be explained in the Service Manual?

But, assuming it is the VCM firmware "number", we might be seeing a version "number" that is hard-coded into the VCM code.

Then, in their haste to release the "C" version, as a new ("fixed") variation of the older "B" version (the new "-3na0c" version referenced above), the programmer might just have overlooked updating that hard-coded data from "B" to "C" in the "displayed" version number.

This is a not-uncommon programming mistake.

palmermd said:
Thats just it. It is not matching service reports...see above posts and link to other thread.
I mean the numbers given follow the same format as what's printed on the service reports.
garygid said:
Then, in their haste to release the "C" version, as a new ("fixed") variation of the older "B" version (the new "-3na0c" version referenced above), the programmer might just have overlooked updating that hard-coded data from "B" to "C" in the "displayed" version number. This is a not-uncommon programming mistake.
Mine, which was supposedly updated still says A...

Here's all the info on my version screen:
Code:
Boot Ware (NK1):064
Application (NK2):064
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C230
Voice Recognition Engine:925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version: 00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001026
Part Number:3NA0A
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000622
Map Version:10/08/12/01

My LEAF's Versions (not updated):
[all the same as "A" above except "Boot Ware", "Application", and "Part Number"]
Code:
Boot Ware (NK1):108 [not 064]
Application (NK2):108 [not 064]
Part Number:3NA0B [not A]

Gary...mine is the same as yours...also not yet updated. I'll update on Friday when I return from the dealer.

Code:
Boot Ware (NK1):108
Application (NK2):108
Part Number:3NA0B

Absolutely zero change to the information on these screens after the software update. And the software was definitely loaded into my car because I can now run the AC on full power at 60F and it does not "crash" the car any longer and the range estimate is behaving odd as noted in the other thread. So these displays are useless in determining if your car will be effected by the no start issue.

palmermd said:
Absolutely zero change to the information on these screens after the software update. And the software was definitely loaded into my car because I can now run the AC on full power at 60F and it does not "crash" the car any longer and the range estimate is behaving odd as noted in the other thread. So these displays are useless in determining if your car will be effected by the no start issue.
That's good (bad?) to hear as it means mine probably was done after all. :cool:

Back