My findings on the CAN bus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us who spend our time looking at I-V curves for solar cells instead of CAN bus data, can someone provide a summary of where the project is at? It looks like Turbo is developing a generic secondary display (add-on) that would provide SOC/remaining capacity and a few other bits of data in which LEAF enthusiasts would have interest. Would it plug in through the CAN bus connector?

So how is that SOC meter coming along since it seems we will be stuck with a
‘fuel gauge’ to better mimic a gasoline car, giving a true reserve capacity
after the firmware update. In other words, to me anyway, the Nissan provided SOC gauge is broken and needs to be replaced.

To turbo2ltr - you posted a screen of a program that was looking at CAN data. I am presently working on a drive line development program for a company and I would be interested in if we could purchase your program or CAN database. I have been told by a couple of sources that the .dbc file that we need, is kept very close by Nissan.

jimsmith2354 said:
To turbo2ltr - you posted a screen of a program that was looking at CAN data. I am presently working on a drive line development program for a company and I would be interested in if we could purchase your program or CAN database. I have been told by a couple of sources that the .dbc file that we need, is kept very close by Nissan.

Tell us about your project, and maybe we'll share ours!

Back