Sirius XM trial only good for six months from 12/10/2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z0ner

I called Sirius to find out if I could preview the Howard Stern station (entering the channel displays "not available"), and found a couple of things:

First, this station along with other "Best of Sirius" channels are not available for trial, and secondly, our "six-month" trial started on 12/10/2010.

I just took delivery last week on 4/18/2011, and my trial is set to expire on June 10. He couldn't look up the details by VIN, only RadioID (tune into station 0).

Don't bother calling Sirius XM support. I've got a call into my PD to see how they are going to handle it.

z0ner said:
I called Sirius to find out if I could preview the Howard Stern station (entering the channel displays "not available"), and found a couple of things:

First, this station along with other "Best of Sirius" channels are not available for trial, and secondly, our "six-month" trial started on 12/10/2010.

I just took delivery last week on 4/18/2011, and my trial is set to expire on June 10. He couldn't look up the details by VIN, only RadioID (tune into station 0).

Don't bother calling Sirius XM support. I've got a call into my PD to see how they are going to handle it.
Nissan activates XM usually when the car arrives at the dealership. I'm not really sure why XM shows yours being activated on 12/10. Keep in mind, most cars are in inventory and need to have the system activated to properly demonstrate the car. When the car is sold, the XM subscription is transferred to the owner and begins the trial timeframe - typically 3 months on Nissan products, but apparently 6 months on the LEAF.

Also, your issue is really with XM, not the dealer. Nissan does not provide the feature, XM does. All that Nissan can do is call XM on your behalf. All that said, one would think that XM, as the ultimate beneficiary should you choose to continue the service, would make sure that you got your full trial period experience.

Back