Nissan L1 EVSE third-party upgrade to both 120V and 240V

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it come only with the L6-20 after the $198 mod?
So in other words, you would need to buy the $25 L6-20 to 5-15 adapter separately to be able to use it on a "standard" 120V socket?
Or does the $200 include everything you need to continue charging from 120V NEMA 5-15?

TEG said:
Does it come only with the L6-20 after the $198 mod?
So in other words, you would need to buy the $25 L6-20 to 5-15 adapter separately to be able to use it on a "standard" 120V socket?
Or does the $200 include everything you need to continue charging from 120V NEMA 5-15?

All the details are on the order page-

http://evseupgrade.com/styled/

$198 plus $25 for the adapter.

Today is the last day to order at the older price for modified and new units.

garygid said:
I just ordered the Mod-L1 Upgrade, $199 + $20 shipping.
I already have the 120v and 240v adapter cords.

I ordered the mod last Tuesday and received my original with the mod on Friday!! worked like advertised on 240v have not tried the 120v. I already had the adaptor cords and a 25 foot extension just incase.

Nice job Phil!!

Mitch

Unfortunately, This last series of posts illustrates one reason we had to raise the prices. The admin work cost on this project is well above and beyond the work it takes to actually perform the upgrades on the bench!

PLEASE, people, THOROUGHLY read the web site, and all of this excessively long thread before asking questions that are already answered! I know it's not easy to get through all of this, but we simply cannot deal with the hundreds of inane and repetitive questions arriving via email, some of which are just unbelievable!

You are blazing a new path by becoming an EV owner! Please be patient, thorough, and careful, just as you would be with any new car. Unfortunately until we have ubiquitous and plentiful charge options our services are needed to make this new EV movement a great success. This is why I'm sticking with it instead of throwing in the towel. Please help us make EV's the success they should be! One way to do that is to assist us in getting you the best possible charge options.

I know it's only going to make this bloated thread even larger, but please try and ask questions here, after properly researching them first. This will allow everyone in the community to help answer the questions, and provide future answers for other people with similar questions with less redundancy.

Thanks in advance for your patience! I hope everyone understands.

-Phil

For the sake of Phil's sanity and to aide newcomers to this site I would suggest locking this thread and making a new post with all the info right at the top. Complete with images, options and an FAQ. This will save a lot of frustration. Heck Phil didnt even start this thread so the first few pages have nothing to do with his offering at all. My 2 centavos.

Myself, like many, I'm sure clicked on the "new" posts and the first thing that popped up for me was mention that the price was going up. So, I asked the logical question that has now been asked several times. I didn't see the posts previous.

Perhaps just responding to questions like that with a link to the website would retain sanity, and answer the question.

nader said:
I would suggest locking this thread and making a new post with all the info right at the top. Complete with images, options and an FAQ. This will save a lot of frustration.
Spot on nader.

Admin (EVdriver?) - can you do this? Make the thread "sticky" and then post basic info, FAQ, as the first post in the thread? Or even just a link to the website?

Phil - your upgraded EVSE has been fantastic. Turned my wife into a believer and she is now using it daily for her charging and driving needs with the Leaf. My sister is receiving her Leaf this week and I will have her purchase the EVSE upgrade online today so she can get the mod. Thank you Phil for all the work you have done and for your patience. Nader's suggestion would hopefully alleviate some of this frustration.

I went ahead and ordered the upgrade and 2 connectors today to "lock in" the price on the upgrade. My Leaf delivery estimate is not until the month of June on my dashboard, but I read through the entire thread (whew!) and felt comfortable enough to place the order now.

There will be a new thread up today with Q&A and a link from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back