Carwings Website down

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowthom

Hello,
Anybody having success logging onto carwings tonight? I cannot get a status update on my car, I guess I'll have to go look at it.
It says my password is incorrect but I know it's right.

It's working for me this morning, I just logged in OK, but I did not receive any "charging stopped" message last night as I usually do, even though the car is showing that it is charged to my usual 80% when I refresh the status. There may have been an interruption in the service last night.

TT

Hello,
OK, so today I got a carwings charge complete email that said 10 of 12 bars but when I powered up the Leaf it shows 9 of 12 bars. The carwings online shows 75% charged (timer set to 80%) as does the iPhone. So I log on to the blink site and the charge data portion is not there, they must be doing an update or some such. I have no way to verify anything and I can't figure out what the heck happened. The car was at 6 of 12 bars when I got home last night but seemed to be using way more power than usual. It was my standard commute that only takes 3~4 bars. :x

Add to that my wife's Macbook pro was very warm to the touch this morning after being shut down properly last night. It would not boot up so I had to take off the back and unplug the battery. I let it cool down a while then plugged it back in. It booted fine, the battery was fully charged so I cleaned the fans and reassembled it. It seems to be OK.

Also my email accounts on my iPhone are acting weird, deleting messages from the server (set to never) and one account won't send because of some authorization error.

Why does the God of electrons hate me today??????

It hasn't been a good couple of weeks.
1. The a/c recall.
2. My blink charger quits working and needs a card replaced.
3. Now Carwings quit working. I called Nissan and tried to reset it but they said if it didnt work I would have to go to the dealer and get the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) reset. So I took it to the dealer and he had no idea what to do. After he called Nissan he found out it is known problem (which Nissan is working on) where the car tries to talk to the cell tower (AT&T) but it talks to a Tmobile tower and gets confused. The way to fix it is to pull the 12V battery cable.

Just got my Leaf yesterday from Stadium Nissan in Seattle. Attempting to access Carwings got "No Service" message but we thought maybe it was because the car was in the building. No joy later, though. The little "car with wings" icon on various screens is grayed out. Nissan service also told me it needed a "TCU reset" from the dealer. Apparently the tech is taking the rest of the week off after prepping a truckload of cars this week. Tried disconnecting the 12 volt battery twice, for minutes each time, but still "No service."

If anyone has further info on this that would be great, otherwise it will be next week before I find out whether the dealer tech has any better techniques.

Jasonpara said:
It hasn't been a good couple of weeks.
3. Now Carwings quit working. I called Nissan and tried to reset it but they said if it didnt work I would have to go to the dealer and get the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) reset. So I took it to the dealer and he had no idea what to do. After he called Nissan he found out it is known problem (which Nissan is working on) where the car tries to talk to the cell tower (AT&T) but it talks to a Tmobile tower and gets confused. The way to fix it is to pull the 12V battery cable.

Carwings stopped working for me a few weeks ago. I assume they will come up with some kind of fix for this in the future. Maybe. Someday.

I have tried to enable carwings this weekend a couple of times but I get the message "Service down"

Just spoke to Nissan customer care and she suggested if it doesn't get resolved I should go for TCU reset.

We left our Leaf at home when we went on vacation. From May 11th until May 19th we were able to see the car's status using the iPhone app. Since the 19th we have received this email message each time we tried to update the status. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have an idea about what may be happening?

It hasn't been 14 days since we drove the car.

The blink page says we are charging.

vehicle status: request failed

Your request to update vehicle status for LEKTRIK failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven with the last 14 days.

Hello,
Did you leave your leaf plugged in? My Leaf will start charging when I request a status update via iPhone so it generates a "charging stopped" email each time.

bowthom said:
Hello,
Did you leave your leaf plugged in? My Leaf will start charging when I request a status update via iPhone so it generates a "charging stopped" email each time.

Yes I left it plugged in. I was getting "charging stopped" emails until the 19th.

Without spending time to look for it ... it has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum that after 14 days the CarWings stops communicating (a "feature", not a bug :x )

"Vehicle Status: request failed" [which is an indicator that Leaf has stopped communicating with Carwings] started the same day a friend added his phone to my leaf's known phones.

Reading the other posts here gave me the idea to 1) remove that phone from the Leaf's list of known phones (since I think it started the problem) and (because that wasn't enough to resume communication) then 2) temporarily remove ground cable from 12v battery for 5 minutes.

Success! The problem may be corrected permanently (by some firmware revision?), but for now I'm happy.

naveen said:
I have tried to enable carwings this weekend a couple of times but I get the message "Service down"

Just spoke to Nissan customer care and she suggested if it doesn't get resolved I should go for TCU reset.

For others who may have similar issue. Before going to the Nissan dealer for a TCU reset, I decided to pull the 12v battery wire and reconnected after a few minutes.
After this I was able to login to carwings.

Back