NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kmp647 said:
kelseypost said:
So here's an update from Newton Nissan: It looks like LEAF production is going to resume in April, so that's when you'll be able to go online and reserve your leaf.

Kelsey what information did you receive specifically? About reservations

Can you post it here?

Kevin

Hey Kevin,
I'm sorry, It looks I got excited over a reservations rumor. I just spoke to an EV operations manager and she said since everything has happeneded in Japan, they're not able to give out a specific date. They were thinking about resuming reservations after the fiscal year, but now they're trying to get the current orders back on track. She sent us an email that said production has resumed in Japan as of March 24th, so hopefully the Leafs will get to their new homes without much delay.

What area are you in and when is your ETA?

kelseypost said:
Hey Edmondleaf,
As far as allocation, we pretty much get what we sell. So far Newton Nissan has sold more than a dozen, but the delivery hasn't been made yet. I think we're expecting them in April. What about you guys, what's your delivery date?

Hi,
According to my OP at the Nissan site I have 2 LEAFs with VINs. If you follow some of the other topics, I mentioned that one of the cars is headed for Nashville (VIN 922), according to the dealer's printout sheet. Does anyone in TN have VIN yet and was curious if one of them matched what I know about the delivery location. The vehicle was manufactured in Feb 2011.

I am still waiting for my LEAF but hope the day arrives shortly.

Best wishes from Silicon Valley.

Any other Nashville leafs delivered recently?

I've seen a few around town (1 in La Vergne and 1 downtown) and I know of someone who took delivery of theirs last month from Nissan Downtown, but I haven't seen many active Nashville forum-goers here.

Ordered mine late February, but still have a pending delivery date =\

linkim said:
Hi,
According to my OP at the Nissan site I have 2 LEAFs with VINs. If you follow some of the other topics, I mentioned that one of the cars is headed for Nashville (VIN 922), according to the dealer's printout sheet. Does anyone in TN have VIN yet and was curious if one of them matched what I know about the delivery location. The vehicle was manufactured in Feb 2011.

I am still waiting for my LEAF but hope the day arrives shortly.

Best wishes from Silicon Valley.

Hi Tennessee Leafers,
Just an update on the Leaf and delivery. My original VIN 922, which I was told by dealer was going to TN, ended up here in Silicon Valley. I received my LEAF with VIN 1571.

If you haven't received your LEAF yet, please wait patiently. It took me one year from reservation to driving the LEAF, but it was worth it.

Newton Nissan just received two Leafs yesterday. One was reserved by a customer in Nashville, and another was reserved by a customer in Gallatin. The service department just has to get the Leafs inspected and ready for customer delivery, and then they'll be home sweet home. :)

Congrats Linkim on receiving your new Leaf!

I just recently placed my order. March 29. I was one of the few who were able to place an order post quake. All order dates in March are still pending on estimated delivery date. As it looks in the spreadsheet, most orders Feb and prior have an estimated date so I'm assuming Nissan is trying to get all the order stuff straightened out and deal with the parts/paint shortages before scheduling March orders for production. Although they say that they still expect to have all current reservations become orders and filled by late summer. My email I received after placing my post-quake order said it would take 3-4 months for delivery to my dealer. If that is true, which I doubt, there is lots of hope for the others awaiting a Leaf. That would put my delivery in the June/July timeframe.

Hi Guys,

Any one in Metro Nashville area interested in getting together for some exchange of experience with the LEAF, and personal meeting in near future?

I would encourage everyone to take part owners as well as none owners, to build / support the LEAF cause.

Please voice your Ideas, and opinions on this here.

Regards,

Ralph

Hello RalphMC and other Nashville Leafs, I live in Medina, TN, which is a couple of hours west of Nashville. Looks like RalphMC and I are close on the original Leaf order dates, I ordered mine on 12/13/2010. Could have possibly been earlier, but due to a computer glitch in the reservation system on 4/20/10 I was unable to reserve until early May. As of this posting my delivery date on my DB has been stuck on July for several weeks.

When I last checked the forum spreadsheet related to vin's, orders, deliveries, etc., it looked like 5 or 6 Tennessee Leaf deliveries, mine being one of those, also a couple from the Nashville area in July. I would be very interested in joining you guys for a Leaf meeting in the Nashville area. Just keep me informed via the forum postings.

This past March, my wife and I were vacationing in the Phoenix, AZ area for a week and through the forum I met with a group of the Phoenix Leafs and it was a very informative, informal get-together. Many nice people there that had their Leafs with them for the meeting. I think they are meeting among themselves quarterly in Phoenix. Great idea, great fellowship and information exchange.

Leggedo...... reserved 5/10/10 ordered 12/13/10 est.delivery 7/11..glacier pearl,SL-e, EVSE installed 4/11/11 Ecotality/Blink/EV-project

kelseypost said:
Newton Nissan just received two Leafs yesterday. One was reserved by a customer in Nashville, and another was reserved by a customer in Gallatin. The service department just has to get the Leafs inspected and ready for customer delivery, and then they'll be home sweet home. :)

Congrats Linkim on receiving your new Leaf!

Good to hear you guys were able to deliver a couple of Leafs. This is exciting news! I've been emailing Justin regularly asking for updates on my order (and any new leafs at Newton). Patiently awaiting the arrival of my leaf!

I logged into my dashboard like every other day to check in hopes of having a "your car is ready for delivery!" or some good news like that.

Instead I found that my delivery date has changed from "pending" to "month of January 0001." See image.

Is there anyone in Nashville that has a DeLorean I can borrow in order to pickup my LEAF. I promise the fastest I will drive it is 88 mph. :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, has anyone seen this before?

TNleaf said:
I logged into my dashboard like every other day to check in hopes of having a "your car is ready for delivery!" or some good news like that.

Instead I found that my delivery date has changed from "pending" to "month of January 0001." See image.

Is there anyone in Nashville that has a DeLorean I can borrow in order to pickup my LEAF. I promise the fastest I will drive it is 88 mph. :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, has anyone seen this before?

Haha wow... 0001... I guess that's the year after 2012 when the world ends!

So far, we've only had 2 Leaf deliveries... I haven't heard any other news yet. Justin will keep you in the loop as he hears about your delivery... in 0001! Haha but seriously, he'll pass on info as soon as he gets it, and I'll let him know about the mysterious email you received :)

Jan 0001, wow!! This strange, and year+ process grows even stranger with an update like that on your DB. What was your original reservation date and then your order date? Also prior to this DB update what was your estimated delivery on your new Leaf? I reserved my Leaf on 5/10/10 and ordered on 12/13/10 and my projected delivery date went from Month of May to Pending and then to Month of July approximately 6 weeks ago. I checked my DB, when I read your post, and mine is still showing July. Probably an error made when they went into your DB and updated the estimated delivery, hopefully your date does not slip any more.
Leggedo

kelseypost said:
Haha wow... 0001... I guess that's the year after 2012 when the world ends!

So far, we've only had 2 Leaf deliveries... I haven't heard any other news yet. Justin will keep you in the loop as he hears about your delivery... in 0001! Haha but seriously, he'll pass on info as soon as he gets it, and I'll let him know about the mysterious email you received :)

Yeh, I sent Justin an email this morning before I posted that, he's been pretty good with keeping in touch with me.

On another note, I saw another fresh LEAF in the wild at lunch today. While driving to lunch today I was telling my co-worker about the funny date shown on my dashboard and answering general LEAF questions when we pulled up to Jim N Nicks and saw a brand new White Pearl LEAF. I'll admit that I had a huge grin on my face :mrgreen: as we pulled up and parked near it. It still had it's temporary tags, so they must have taken delivery in the last week. I was a little jealous, but totally excited for whoever it was. Sadly I didn't get to see who the owner was or talk to them, but I did see they had a "Smyrna Rotary" front plate already on the car. I'm curious if that was someone on these forums!

Leggedo said:
Jan 0001, wow!! This strange, and year+ process grows even stranger with an update like that on your DB. What was your original reservation date and then your order date? Also prior to this DB update what was your estimated delivery on your new Leaf? I reserved my Leaf on 5/10/10 and ordered on 12/13/10 and my projected delivery date went from Month of May to Pending and then to Month of July approximately 6 weeks ago. I checked my DB, when I read your post, and mine is still showing July. Probably an error made when they went into your DB and updated the estimated delivery, hopefully your date does not slip any more.
Leggedo

Prior to today, the estimated delivery was still "pending." So in my eyes, any update (albeit a buggy one), is better than staring at "pending" every time I check.

My original RAQ went out 2/2011 but I wasn't able to order until 3/2011.

kelseypost said:
You went to Jim & Nick's?! So lucky. We don't have any near us!

Haha yeh, my work is right before the Sam Ridley exit, so we have a ton of places to eat that are very close. The Nashville JNN is like 25 miles away from you guys, :?

I tell you what, when I come to take delivery of my LEAF, I'll bring up some JNN for you all at Newton Nissan... as long as my delivery date isn't "month of January 0001" :lol:

I'm secretly hoping that "Jan" got fat fingered for "Jun" and that my delivery date will be June! Although those would be some fat fingers

Just saw my first Leaf out in the wild around Nashville on Friday, but it was in White House, TN. I live in White House and figured that when I got my Leaf that I'd probably be the only one around up that way. So I thought maybe they're just traveling through. Nope, saw them again Sunday morning. On top of that, it's Black, just like the one I have on order. Then on the way to meet my parents for lunch down in Franklin, I saw a Blue Leaf on 65 headed North. Two in one day. There must be more orders in Tennessee than I thought. Was pretty neat to finally see one on the road around home.

Kind of a unreal feeling, huh? I haven't seen one in the "wild" yet, but our friend is displaying his new Leaf at the energy efficiency meeting tonight in Gallatin. If any of you are in the area, you should come. It's from 6-7pm tonight at the Gallatin Civic Center. The city is needing ideas on how to be green... so they're taking peoples' input. Would be cool to meet you other Leaf owners (or expectant Leaf owners)!

jwallace3 -- it's a good feeling to see one isn't it? I think I've only seen 4 in the wild so far, and several weeks between each encounter. 2 in one day, that's pretty sweet.

Also I noticed you had the "month of January 0001" bug too, did your dashboard update correctly yet?

TNleaf....Yes...Mine did update the very next day to August 2011. I started that thread about the bug the morning it was noticed. My dealer in Rivergate called and clarified that the DB was wrong and that my vehicle was scheduled to be built in June and delivered to them by August. Then my DB reflected exactly what he said the next day. I can't complain about August delivery when I only ordered in March. That's 4-5 months which is better than other vehicles I have ordered in the past.

It was neat seeing 2 Leafs in a single day. I was thinking crap, they're going to be everywhere by time I get mine! Oh well, I guess we'll be better off if that's how it actually it. I looked on the spreadsheet to see if they were listed, but the only black leaf in the nashville area I saw on there so far was mine. I'm patiently waiting, but man it's like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. The anticipation is driving me nuts!

Back