Tally of people offered free charging stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray!!!Accepted for free charger here in San Diego.I will have to pick up installation costs above $1200.

Seattle (Ballard), I was initially turned down, but after a home inspection I was approved. I was offered a free Supply station. All of this happened early last August (2010).

hill said:
garygid said:
Orange County, CA - not offered
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
From one Gary to another . . . . let me correct that. Anyone wanting to stop by MY pad for a DOUBLY free charge & go . . . . well, feel free! Hey, it's solar . . . so it's REALLY free! That's GOT to kill the oil companies
:lol:
Oh. Wait . . . you mean, free installation. See, I thought this was a "stop by and charge for free" thread.
;)
Tangent to the thread, but after thinking about the home chargers out there, it occurred to me that some entrepreneurial soul would put together a smartphone app for hooking up with home chargers in areas that aren't well covered by public stations... sort of a social network for EV owners in need. Sort of like back in the early days of the automobile when filling stations were rare/nonexistent in rural areas.

Seattle: I had my Ecotality funded charger installed Tuesday. I had an old Zinsco Electrical Panel and those are rumored to be fire hazards so I had the electrical contractor change out the panel along with the install. They gave me a good price for the panel install ($880) with no sales tax since it was all for the purpose of preparing for the electric car.

Cupertino CA - Offered
But I stay in a rental home, so not accepted. Any of know how I can get a free charger installed? My landlord is willing. Thanks.

anandkris said:
Cupertino CA - Offered
But I stay in a rental home, so not accepted. Any of know how I can get a free charger installed? My landlord is willing. Thanks.
If your landlord was willing, then why didn't you accept the charger when it was offered? Have you tried contacting Ecotality to see if they will still accept you?

mogur said:
Accepted for a free EV Project charger with no out-of-pocket required. I'm in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles.

Hi neighbor. I'm in Northridge and had my free charger installed last week. The company doing the install was very competent and did the survey and install the same day. The next day inspectors came and checked it all out. Very good experience. Plus, I finally cleaned out my garage after way too many years. When I mentioned this to the installers they said, "Oh, like we Never heard that before!" :D

Looking for delivery in the next couple of weeks. Nissan said it was on the boat before the earthquake hit.

San Marcos (San Diego) Offered

BTW you need to roll up all the San Diego County locations. They are considered one area under the EV Projcet. (Del Mar, Encinitas, Oceanside, San Marcos, Rancho Santa Fe, etc.)

LEAFer said:
stanley said:
(My community does not receive mail delivery to homes).
Interesting; what community (or what circumstances) would make that so ?

Rancho Santa Fe is so exclusive even some of the house numbers are private. You go to the post office to pick up mail.

I just got my new Leaf, after putting my name on the list about a year and a half ago. I live in Del Mar, North County San Diego. I received a free home charger. I'm so excited! I love the way the Leaf handles. My neighborhood is just west of the main street, and the residential area does not have sidewalks, and there are lots of pedestrians, so I am being very cautious as the pedestrians are so used to hearing cars coming up from behind them. But, of course, my Leaf is silent. Does anyone have any ideas for making a little noise to caution the pedestrians that a car is approaching?
Thanks.

Claire said:
But, of course, my Leaf is silent. Does anyone have any ideas for making a little noise to caution the pedestrians that a car is approaching?
Thanks.

You're joking, right? You didn't know about the Pedestrian sound that you turn on with a switch located left of the steering wheel? Every time you start up your LEAF, it is on (default is on) as well as the reverse sound. It goes off automatically when you reach 18 mph.

earther said:
Gilroy CA (near San Jose) -- not offered

I wrote that back in April 2010. But oh what a difference a year makes.
Blink from EV Project offered, accepted, and installed in Gilroy afterall (in April 2011).

Back