Yet One More From Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packet

...though, alas, one who won't be seeing her Leaf for some while yet, she suspects.

Despite initial interest, I held off on actually putting myself on the list until I'd had a chance to drive one during the promotional tour they did last year. Quite enjoyed the drive, but now suffering for playing it safe... registered as soon as I was out of the car post-test drive, but I'm probably quite a ways down the list! Oh, well. :(

I've been lurking here and reading for several months and decided I should finally register, maybe say 'hello.' (And to note that Ray from Campbell-Nelson's participation on these forums has convinced me that when my number DOES eventually come up, it's worth my time to head north and get the car from him rather than picking one of the ones closer in to the city.)

That done, I'll probably return to lurking. :)

Yes, welcome.

I picked mine up today and couldn't be happier. It's really a very cool car, not just a very green one.

I waited almost a year, as almost everyone here has, and though it was a trying year at times, I consider it worth the wait.

Boomer23 said:
It's really a very cool car, not just a very green one.

I admit, despite my excitement about a green vehicle, I was a little skeptical about how it would feel to drive. Would it feel like a golf cart, for instance? But after getting to test drive one during the marketing tour, I was thrilled with how fun it was to drive... so, definitely looking forward to when my number eventually pops up. :)

Well, Nissan reopened reservations today. :D

Reservation fee paid, had a pleasant phone conversation with Ray from Campbell-Nelson shortly thereafter, and order has been placed. I think this calls for a Snoopy Dance of happiness!

snoopy-dance.gif

Packet said:
Well, Nissan reopened reservations today. :D

Reservation fee paid, had a pleasant phone conversation with Ray from Campbell-Nelson shortly thereafter, and order has been placed. I think this calls for a Snoopy Dance of happiness!

snoopy-dance.gif

Got ours from Ray at Campbell-Nelson. We've been treated very well and would go back to buy another car, not just a Leaf from C-N.

Bud said:
Got ours from Ray at Campbell-Nelson. We've been treated very well and would go back to buy another car, not just a Leaf from C-N.

Why wouldn't you buy your second LEAF from them?

OldCoot said:
I interpreted that to mean that they would buy any Nissan, as well as the Leaf, from C-N...

Oh! Okay, yes, that makes more sense; when I read it all tired, I mentally swapped the order of 'not' and 'just' and became an object lesson in why one should not forum past midnight. :)

Question, Packet --

Is it Firefox on my PC that's messing with your signature, or does it really look like this?

packet.jpg

If that's how it's supposed to look, then I would surmise that it, and your forum name, are somehow related to your occupation.

:?

OldCoot said:
Is it Firefox on my PC that's messing with your signature, or does it really look like this?

packet.jpg

Er, no, that's... different. It should say:

Reserved: 05/06/2011
Ordered: 05/06/2011
Charger: TBA
Delivery: TBA

...but in a smaller font-size. However, my handle /is/ a reference to my day-job as a software developer in the telecommunications field. :)

OldCoot said:
Question, Packet --

packet.jpg

If that's how it's supposed to look, then I would surmise that it, and your forum name, are somehow related to your occupation.

:?
It looks the same for me in Firefox 4. You might want to try again.

I posted this on a blog entry that appears to be quite inactive, so I am copying it here. Would like to get some responses and general information. Anyway, please read the below:

I live in Mississippi. I registered with Nissan last August 2010 and paid my $99.00 fee at that time. My question is just when should I expect to be moved forward in the other steps remaining to be done. When I go to the Leaf Account Login and log in, I am still waiting to do a home assessment. That option says once I have registered for a Nissan Leaf I can schedule the home assessment, but there is not any button to click or whatever to get the process started. So, what gives? Am I just stuck, because I am considering backing out of the deal and requesting a refund. Ford Focus Electric is starting to look better every day.

NRiley said:
I live in Mississippi. I registered with Nissan last August 2010 and paid my $99.00 fee at that time. My question is just when should I expect to be moved forward in the other steps remaining to be done. When I go to the Leaf Account Login and log in, I am still waiting to do a home assessment. That option says once I have registered for a Nissan Leaf I can schedule the home assessment, but there is not any button to click or whatever to get the process started. So, what gives?

Don't know what to tell you; I'm just someone out here in Seattle who's also looking forward to getting her LEAF. You might want to check with the dealer you've chosen for information? For what it's worth, I've done the reservation and gotten the order quote, but I also don't have the option to schedule a home inspection yet, so it's not just you.

davewill said:
It looks the same for me in Firefox 4. You might want to try again.

I'm guessing it's an issue with Firefox and the forum software, then. All I did was do a SIZE=1 around normal signature text; it's just straight out BBcode, b and /b for the bolding and size=1 /size to reduce the font size; you can generate the same thing in the forum bbcode editor by picking 'font size: tiny' and then bolding the first bit of each line.

Works fine for me under Firefox 3, Safari 5, and Chrome 11 on Mac OS X... :?

So... my dashboard now shows a delivery date of 'month of January 0001' -- I'm not quite certain what that means. Month of January 2012, I could see. Week of January 01, also.

But... what on earth does 'month of January 0001' mean? January, 1 AD? Man, it's going to be a pain to convince Augustus to install charging points throughout the Roman Empire...

Packet said:
So... my dashboard now shows a delivery date of 'month of January 0001' -- I'm not quite certain what that means. Month of January 2012, I could see. Week of January 01, also.
But... what on earth does 'month of January 0001' mean? January, 1 AD? Man, it's going to be a pain to convince Augustus to install charging points throughout the Roman Empire...

Hi Packet...on another thread someone asked their dealer about that strange date, and they said it meant it will be manufactured in June and delivered in Aug. I guess it is some kind of code. Please don't hold your breath for a 3-month delivery time window, but if it happens, great! :D

LEAFfan said:
Hi Packet...on another thread someone asked their dealer about that strange date, and they said it meant it will be manufactured in June and delivered in Aug. I guess it is some kind of code. Please don't hold your breath for a 3-month delivery time window, but if it happens, great! :D

Okay, that actually matches with something my dealer was telling me before the odd date appeared, so I'll cross my fingers (but not hold my breath). ;)

NRiley said:
I posted this on a blog entry that appears to be quite inactive, so I am copying it here. Would like to get some responses and general information. Anyway, please read the below:

I live in Mississippi. I registered with Nissan last August 2010 and paid my $99.00 fee at that time. My question is just when should I expect to be moved forward in the other steps remaining to be done. When I go to the Leaf Account Login and log in, I am still waiting to do a home assessment. That option says once I have registered for a Nissan Leaf I can schedule the home assessment, but there is not any button to click or whatever to get the process started. So, what gives? Am I just stuck, because I am considering backing out of the deal and requesting a refund. Ford Focus Electric is starting to look better every day.

I suspect that they haven't yet invited you to order your vehicle. You will eventually receive an e-mail inviting you to place your order. Although NISSAN would like for you to use Aerovironment Inc. for your Charging Station, this is NOT A REQUIRED STEP to order and get a LEAF. I never signed up for a home assessment and I now have a LEAF - You have the option to skip this. Contact Nissan EV Support for details.

LEAFfan said:

Interestingly enough, the dashboard now lists an August 2011 delivery date. I almost feel unsettled by this... reserving in May, and having delivery in August? Based on everyone else's experiences, that hardly seems possible! :shock:

:lol:

Back