Taking the LEAF in and out of ECO mode.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

Can I take the LEAF in and out of ECO mode while moving? For example if I'm driving along in ECO mode and need to merge into traffic on a on ramp can I take the LEAF out of ECO mode, merge then after I'm in traffic put it back into ECO mode?

Luft said:
Can I take the LEAF in and out of ECO mode while moving? For example if I'm driving along in ECO mode and need to merge into traffic on a on ramp can I take the LEAF out of ECO mode, merge then after I'm in traffic put it back into ECO mode?

I'm wondering why you would want to do that. All you have to do is push the accelerator harder and it will do the same thing as 'D' as far as acceleration is concerned.

LEAFfan said:
Luft said:

I'm wondering why you would want to do that. All you have to do is push the accelerator harder and it will do the same thing as 'D' as far as acceleration is concerned.

I go in and out of eco all the time. I guess my brain likes engaging my hands as well as my feet. When I want some pickup, I switch to D....I don't like 'pushing through' the ECO molasses. ;)

Kheeta said:
Just be sure you go down, not up and into reverse. Not sure if it can happen at speed but can when just starting out.

At anything over X miles an hour, you cannot accidentally switch into reverse...the car will ignore that command. I don't know what the cutoff mph is....probably 2mph, but that's just a guess.

LEAFfan said:

Because it's a motion that mimics switching gears for people coming from stick shifts... and it will give you a sudden jolt of accretion if your foot is pushed far down in ECO mode when you switch to D. FUN. :)

Back