Hi everyone! I'm so excited...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnon

After many prior attempts, I finally reserved and ordered my Leaf Tuesday. It was an exciting moment :D when I got email via cell phone that I can reserved the car. I dropped everything(shopping at the time) and ran home to login, reserved and ordered.
Dealer told me that my car will be here late August or early September. It will be glacier pearl SL.

arnon said:
After many prior attempts, I finally reserved and ordered my Leaf Tuesday. It was an exciting moment :D when I got email via cell phone that I can reserved the car. I dropped everything(shopping at the time) and ran home to login, reserved and ordered.
Dealer told me that my car will be here late August or early September. It will be glacier pearl SL.

Yay! Welcome! Sounds like we're in the same batch. (Mine's a black SL+QC.)

arnon said:
Congratulations!

I reserved on 4/20/2010, over a year before you did, but due to multiple Nissan screw-ups, might only be getting my car a month before you do! :roll:

What's NSX #13? I have what I was told was the first one delivered in WA, but it's a lot higher S/N (#1975).

Thanks everyone!....I can't wait to drive this car, 4 more months. Lets plan to have Nissan Leaf car meet! :D

My NSX is old(built in June 90, first 1991 NSX available for sale in the USA had serial number 000063) but still in great shape. Work in progress.

I've been checking new videos on Youtube to see/learn more stuff about Nissan Leaf. I will try to visit Dealer again next week to chat with the guys.

Thread about light weight wheels is interesting.

arnon said:

Welcome to the forum arnon! I really hope you receive your LEAF in about 3 months, but we were told way back in April, that delivery would be 3-4 months after order date also. For me, and many others it is approaching 9 months from order date. Good luck!

Welcome/congrats Arnon! Good choice in beating feet to your computer. Getting a LEAF is a competitive thing and that's how you do your part

Always loved the NSX.

I am excited for you also. I reserved April '10, ordered Sep 29th and expect to have my Leaf this week. ;)
It is just the start of the transportation revolution.

Congrates back to you all!
I'm glad I got mine through registeration process. Nissan Bellevue called last week that they have one SL Silver $10K over msrp. :cry: Is it legal ??

Thrilled for you, "arnon"! Congratulations!

You've also shown the proof of the pudding: new, 20,001+ reservations holders will indeed take delivery long before those in the hinterlands who put down deposits well over a year ago. Well... feel free to drive down from WA to Canyon Country sometime: you're welcome to use my idle EVSE. LEAF owners should slurp up our solar electrons, as intended!

arnon said:
I'm glad I got mine through registeration process. Nissan Bellevue called last week that they have one SL Silver $10K over msrp. :cry: Is it legal ??

It's legal. If someone orders the car but then abandons the order after it's being shipped, the car is 'orphaned' and the dealer is free to sell it however they want. $10k over retail seems a bit ridiculous to me, however.

Packet said:
arnon said:

It's legal. If someone orders the car but then abandons the order after it's being shipped, the car is 'orphaned' and the dealer is free to sell it however they want. $10k over retail seems a bit ridiculous to me, however.

Got a chance to get one tomorrow but at $3500 over msrp and its SV version.....should I get it..please help!

Yanquetino said:
Thrilled for you, "arnon"! Congratulations!

You've also shown the proof of the pudding: new, 20,001+ reservations holders will indeed take delivery long before those in the hinterlands who put down deposits well over a year ago. Well... feel free to drive down from WA to Canyon Country sometime: you're welcome to use my idle EVSE. LEAF owners should slurp up our solar electrons, as intended!

Thanks, your link is VERY helpful!

arnon said:
Got a chance to get one tomorrow but at $3500 over msrp and its SV version.....should I get it..please help!

Does it have the quick charge port? I think that might be important down the road, for you, and for resale value.

Tony

TonyWilliams said:
arnon said:

Does it have the quick charge port? I think that might be important down the road, for you, and for resale value.

Tony
If it's an SV, it can't have the Quick Charge.

If it's an SV, it can't have the Quick Charge.[/quote]

If the OP does not want that feature, then I would use it as a strong bargaining chip to lower that price. Otherwise, wait a bit for yours.

Tony[/quote]

Thanks guys. I feel the same way about not having QC. Not having charging dock at home ready for my car is not what I called 'proactive' either.
This dealer has no problem seeling this car at that price. pay to play, or pass at this point :-(

Back