Yet One More From Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packet said:
LEAFfan said:
Hi Packet...on another thread someone asked their dealer about that strange date, and they said it meant it will be manufactured in June and delivered in Aug. I guess it is some kind of code. Please don't hold your breath for a 3-month delivery time window, but if it happens, great! :D

Interestingly enough, the dashboard now lists an August 2011 delivery date. I almost feel unsettled by this... reserving in May, and having delivery in August? Based on everyone else's experiences, that hardly seems possible! :shock:
:lol:

That's great that you can reserve and order the same day! It's only been 14 months so far for me if I get it early June. :lol:

LEAFfan said:
That's great that you can reserve and order the same day! It's only been 14 months so far for me if I get it early June. :lol:

I'm still not sure what happened there! I mean, based on everyone else's stories of reservation, RAQ and order... doing all of them in one day and then having a delivery date show up only a few months later seems somehow implausible. And yet... there the date is on the dashboard... :eek:

Packet said:
I'm still not sure what happened there! I mean, based on everyone else's stories of reservation, RAQ and order... doing all of them in one day and then having a delivery date show up only a few months later seems somehow implausible. And yet... there the date is on the dashboard... :eek:
Yeah, that does seem a little out-of-whack. I reserved on 4/20/2010, over a year before you, yet I am now told that my car won't be delivered till JULY, only a month earlier.

(I, too, waited till after the test drive to finalize my order, but only after Nissan assured me that it was the reservation date/time that mattered, not the order date/time — which turned out to be utterly UNTRUE.) Sigh…

Amary said:
(I, too, waited till after the test drive to finalize my order, but only after Nissan assured me that it was the reservation date/time that mattered, not the order date/time — which turned out to be utterly UNTRUE.) Sigh…

I knew going in to the test drive that it was the order date/time that mattered, which was why I didn't bother to put in the $99 reservation fee when I first signed up. By the time I realized that the first 20k were going way faster than expected and that paying the fee would've at least given me a SLOT on the list -- even a late one -- it was too late. So when I got the mail the other week saying reservations were re-opened, I leapt right on it.

I suspect what's happened is that Nissan's finally working the last kinks out of this system; the last folks who have been bounced around are getting their cars in June/July, and then those of us in round two are getting the benefit of them having learned from all the mistakes, hence why ours start showing up in August or September.

Conjecture is that 1 Jan 0001 is zero data, meaning "not set yet", or perhaps our beloved "Pending".

Production is expected to be at a much high rate this year ...
there was very little production of the LEAF last year.

So, Order now, deliver in 3-4 months is not unusual, assuming that Nissan's suppliers remain in operation. Another big quake could "rattle" the schedule.

garygid said:
Conjecture is that 1 Jan 0001 is zero data, meaning "not set yet", or perhaps our beloved "Pending".

Well, it only stayed at Jan 0001 for less than a day, then turned into 'August 2011.'

I think deliveries are speeding up. We took delivery of our LEAF last week. Within three days, my wife, while walking the dog, saw two others identical to ours (!) in the neighborhood. She wondered why I didn't tell her I was going for a drive - then saw two old people in the car!

So - three blue LEAFs, two with the eco package and one without.

I guess this message will take me off the lurker list. We're official now. Here are the details. Note the screwy timing on the last item.

LEAF blue model, ETEC, with eco package
reserved 4/20/10
ordered 11/29/10
scheduled delivery dates, according to the portal: 4/29/11, 5/26/11, 5/23/11
Blink EVSE installed: 5/5/11 (part of Ecotality test group)
LEAF arrived at dealer: 5/17/11
picked up: 5/19/11 (we were just too busy to get down there, even if it was only two miles away :( )
7-day arrival-alert email notice received: 5/27/11 :lol:

The arrival was rather anticlimactic. It's here - cool. Now where can we go? Both my wife and I bike-commute daily, and the other three cars accumulate about 10,000 miles total per year. I guess you can call the LEAF my midlife-crisis car. Well, I wouldn't mind that, as I'm 64 and just cut back to a three-day workweek so I can have more fun - and cook more meals, as I am reminded. ;) My son works in Mukilteo, about 25 miles north, and I'd like him to use it for the commute (at least the days I'm working). But gotta get the insurance straightened out first. I drove out to Carnation Farm Wednesday in a pouring rain, about 32 miles one way. Got back with 13 estimated miles on the meter. Handling and performance in eco mode was good.

We purchased ours at Stadium Nissan of Seattle. They seem to me to be doing things right, for a car dealer. The staff is friendly, in a not-smarmy way, and they're trying to be green. Of course that's a selling point these days, but I give them credit for it. I had first visited Rairdon of Auburn, based on postings I had seen here; but they seemed to be much more a typical operation, besides being 20 miles south of us. (I didn't even know Stadium Nissan existed, at the time.) Stadium gave me what I thought was a good price. I'm satisfied. So, kudos to Stadium Nissan.

Re: Packet's signature

I also have Firefox 4. I guess I'll report this issue to them. And also try it with v5, to see what it does there.

Packet, what happens if you change the size to a different value? Try it, and we can report back to you...

Note that the page containing BBCode instructions shows that size=30 is really small: size=30 size=200

OldCoot said:
Re: Packet's signature

I also have Firefox 4. I guess I'll report this issue to them. And also try it with v5, to see what it does there.

Packet, what happens if you change it to size=2? Try it, and we can report back to you...
Don't fix it! I was sorta getting used to it. Modern art if you will...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Note my amended post. Size=1 translates to 'invisible' - or it should. Maybe we should call it 'Rauschenberg'.

So, Packet -

How is that August 2011 delivery date holding up? I ordered the instant I could in May and I'm showing September. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to estimated delivery dates.

I'm jealous, but I hope August works for you.

Bill

Back