Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QueenBee said:
Volusiano said:
Just got my Leaf today and the interior plastic is a combination of light tan and darker taupe shade, with dark brown/mocha carpet. It's definitely not the light gray/dark gray combination as shown in the LEAFs of other owners in earlier posts on this thread.

Seems like this is more likely just the camera/lighting/etc. and not actually a different color?
I don't know, but under natural AZ bright sun light, with the naked eyes, the interior color motif in my car is unmistakeably light tan plastic and light tan seats for sure. The darker taupe plastic may pass as some kind of dark gray, but there's no way the light tan can be confused with light gray. My son who drove me there for the pick up agrees with me, too.

Harv said:
IBELEAF said:
So, has anyone received it theirs with the group buy deal?

Many of us here on the forum have received those. I got mine (#11 Charcoal with #23 cobalt blue full piping) on 5/28 and installed those on 5/30/11. Pictures below.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/photo3is.jpg/

Where did you get the steering wheel cover? :eek:

JohnnySebring said:
Harv said:
IBELEAF said:
So, has anyone received it theirs with the group buy deal?

Many of us here on the forum have received those. I got mine (#11 Charcoal with #23 cobalt blue full piping) on 5/28 and installed those on 5/30/11. Pictures below.

Where did you get the steering wheel cover? :eek:

Bought this "Sports Grip Steering Wheel Cover" from Amazon.com for $9.94. Part number ASIN: B000E3EWNE

FYI - WO charges your credit card at the time of order, not when they ship. That's not cool when you are given a 3-4 week delivery estimate.

HIOJim said:
FYI - WO charges your credit card at the time of order, not when they ship. That's not cool when you are given a 3-4 week delivery estimate.
And generally against the credit card merchant agreements.

QueenBee said:
HIOJim said:
And generally against the credit card merchant agreements.
That's what I thought originally but then considering that it's a custom order due to the personal color and option selection, I think that may justify the advance charge.

What I found not cool is that they don't send out email confirmation about your order to make sure everything is correct. I had to specifically insist on them emailing it to me. They said yes but then forgot and I had to call back 3 days later asking again. Then when they finally emailed it to me, it's a weird file format attachment that when I tried to open it with NotePad to read, the text info inside is all jumbled up and not very readable.

Harv said:

Doesn't this looks like the tan interior color motif to you guys? Of course the seats have been covered charcoal color with the WO covers. But the plastic surrounding sure looks like tan to me. My LEAF looks tan like that.

Has anyone found a really slick, relatively painless way to secure to last two hooks securing the back of the front seat to the cross bar underneath the seat?

Also it might be helpful for someone to post some pictures under the front seat after the finished install...

To answer my own question, I think a long, thin nylon wire wrap for each of the 4 hooks should work pretty well.

By long I mean at least 12 inches so that a relatively long loop can be formed with it (encircling the seat's underneath crossbar) to snag a hook that has been pulled forward by a long loop of string from the back (that has been fished there from the front by a hook on the end of a stiff wire). Then the wire wrap can be pulled snug (but not too tight). Hope this is clear enough.

Instead of a wire wrap another possibility is simply a strong string, again looped around the seat's underneath crossbar and tying the two ends together by a tautline hitch so that the slack in the loop can be adjusted. This approach has the advantage over the former in that the slack in the loop can be easily loosened if it is initially pulled too tight.

I don't have a digital camera with a lens for closeup pics...

i was not aware of this thread until today... i have WO covers in my prius and they are the best. has anyone tried begging for this pricing outside of this group buy?

astrorob said:
i was not aware of this thread until today... i have WO covers in my prius and they are the best. has anyone tried begging for this pricing outside of this group buy?
Not that I'm aware of, but it never hurts to ask nicely. You never know!

...I am still waiting to hear more complaints.

How easy is the heated seat electrical installation? Do they really not fit, or is this just someone being overly picky?

rainnw said:
...I am still waiting to hear more complaints.

How easy is the heated seat electrical installation? Do they really not fit, or is this just someone being overly picky?
Got mine yesterday, and just finished putting in the front pair. They fit really well, and I took pics as I installed them, so I will endeavor to have a DIY thread up by tomorrow. The heaters came pre-installed in the front seats, so a quick check by running your hand under the cover to make sure they stayed in place (they didn't budge), and plugging the upper to the lower (super easy) was all it took.
Gonna grab some lunch, then go put in the rears.
DSC00967.JPG

DSC00968.JPG

Rake said:
Got mine yesterday, and just finished putting in the front pair. They fit really well, and I took pics as I installed them, so I will endeavor to have a DIY thread up by tomorrow. The heaters came pre-installed in the front seats, so a quick check by running your hand under the cover to make sure they stayed in place (they didn't budge), and plugging the upper to the lower (super easy) was all it took.
Gonna grab some lunch, then go put in the rears.

I am curious if you could take a picture of the switches as well as how you ended up wiring into the vehicle system. Is there any way to wire it so the car actually reads the power consumption?

Charcoal with light gray piping, and the 0 Emissions logo in blue.

I haven't yet tackled hardwiring the heaters in, going to use the 12v accessory plug for a bit, since I'll need a new control module (the supplied one is also the 3-level switch, which I will want to integrate), and some new switches. Still doing my homework on the setup that will work for me, and will have to set aside the time and funding. Besides, one project was enough for one day! ;)

The back seats were a piece of cake.
I'll try to get the install thread together asap, but have errands to do today, and going to the premiere of "Revenge of the Electric Car" tonight with the Seattle Leaf group. Stay tuned!

Rake, your front seats look great and good to hear that the installation was easy. I am looking forward to my delivery. Hopefully this week.

Got a phone call today that the covers are ready; installation at the Wet Okole store is scheduled for this Saturday afternoon.

FWIW I ordered by phone on May 19; I went with the light gray/cobalt-pipe option that seems to be popular on the forum for the Ocean Blue. No idea if they are making these on a FIFO basis, or batching by color choices.

I do not remember if this was posted before but those of you who have received your covers did you receive an email with a tracking number when they were shipped?

Back