Seattle hits 80 today and I get 5.4 m/kwh (~115 miles range)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

I got my best trip average so far - 5.4 m/kwh. The route was mostly urban with a few miles on the freeway. As always involved quite a bit of elevation changes. The temperature near home was 77, probably 80 elsewhere - but didn't use the AC (but the window was open). I've done similar routes before - couple of weeks back when the temperature was 52, I got 5.0 m/kwh.

5.4 m/kwh would be like 115 miles of range on 100% charge.

evnow said:
I got my best trip average so far - 5.4 m/kwh. The route was mostly urban with a few miles on the freeway. As always involved quite a bit of elevation changes. The temperature near home was 77, probably 80 elsewhere - but didn't use the AC (but the window was open). I've done similar routes before - couple of weeks back when the temperature was 52, I got 5.0 m/kwh.

5.4 m/kwh would be like 115 miles of range on 100% charge.

Very nice! Looks like you used ~21.3 kWh as your estimated pack capacity? How did you derive that? Is it from your wall usage for a 100% charge from turtle times an efficiency factor? If so, what did you use as the efficiency factor and how did you derive that?

I should be getting my LEAF next week, and I'm looking forward to doing these experiments myself.

the estimated pack capacity is just that...estimated, but from data collected from several people using several different charging methods, i have also determined my pack capacity to be about the same.

and yes, the weather is AWESOME~!~!

SparkyEV said:
Very nice! Looks like you used ~21.3 kWh as your estimated pack capacity? How did you derive that? Is it from your wall usage for a 100% charge from turtle times an efficiency factor? If so, what did you use as the efficiency factor and how did you derive that?

Multiple reports from various people. Assuming about 85% charging efficiency on L2.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3624

AC takes very little power in my experience. Although, i was only getting around 4.x today, going 65 on the freeway back home.

Back