CHAdeMO drivers need your help

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GermanLeaf

Hi,
i am a German Leaf driver and we need your help, i write here because here are much more EV drivers than in Germany.

In Germany we have only 50 CHadeMOs, and now in a project called SLAM there should be build 400 CCS Stations without Chademo an Typ 2 (Typ 2 are most stations here in Europe):
Problem is 50% are payed from taxpayers money! So in German Forum a petition was startet against the from german car lobby influenced project.

My question, could you subscribe the petition for the German LEAF, I-Miev, Outlander PHEV & Zoe driver!

https://secure.avaaz.org/de/petition/An_die_deutsche_Automobilindustrie_Ladesaeulen_fuer_Elektroautos_aus_Steuergeldern_muessen_kompatibel_sein/?cDMdubb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In english the text from the link:
Why this is important:
A solo effort by German automobile manufacturer with the new Combined Charging System (CCS) as a third standard is currently being planned at the expense of taxpayers. The only use VW and BMW. Mitsubishi, Kia, Nissan, Peugeot and Citroen and Renault use CHAdeMO & 43kW AC.

The tax money to be financed columns offer only for VW and BMW a loading facility. For a few euros more could 2 more plug and the appropriate protocol in each column are integrated for all vehicles. The German automaker lobbyists think about when planning rather to the promotion of its own sales, but that should not be at the expense of taxpayers. According to the British model, each column should be used for all ecological and economic aspects, if necessary, a bill must be found to verhinern to the competition with taxpayers' money.

wishes from Germany & thanks !

Do you really think a petition signed by non-German internet users will have an affect on the German legislature? On the contrary, if a petition is signed by individuals who are minimally impacted by the issue because many (most) of them do not pay taxes in Germany, then the whole petition will be rightfully questioned and will have no impact.

Besser deutsche Buerger unterzeichnen die Petition, falls eine gute Anzahl Unterschriften erreicht wird dann ist die Petition legitim und - hoffentlich - Politiker werden sich mit dem Thema auseinandersetzen.

cBeam said:
Besser deutsche Buerger unterzeichnen die Petition, falls eine gute Anzahl Unterschriften erreicht wird dann ist die Petition legitim und - hoffentlich - Politiker werden sich mit dem Thema auseinandersetzen.

Better German citizen sign the petition, if a good number of signatures is reached then the petition is legitimate and - hopefully - politicians will deal with the issue.

Yeah thats a good point.
But i thought here are also some Europe drivers. What about if a Netherlands/French/ an so on... Leaf drivers want to make a trip to Germany. I was already in Denmark, they have a brilliant CHAdeMO infrastructure. And we should also offer one.
So i hope some Leaf driver from neighboring countries can sign ! Also with new PHEV like Outlander it is probably that you drive in foreign holidays.

Perhaps you can find one legislator who drives an EV and who therefore will understand the issues more than the rest of them, and he or she can make the arguments on behalf of all. Then you might be able to advance an idea like pre-wiring all stations for two plugs even if in most stations only a single plug will initially be installed. And make the distribution of plugs mirror the distribution of cars.

How could VW complain since they intend to own the EU EV market? And thus they should expect 90% of plugs to be CCS :) But in real life 99% of the plugs would be CHAdeMO, kind of like in California where CCS plugs exist in just a few showcase charging stations to prove they can do it, rather than to serve the handful of CCS cars actually sold.

Something I predicted long ago about the "CCS" standard. All graft, lobbying, protectionism.

I wish we could help, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that at least in Germany, the German car makers will win.

Back