rear cupholders in center console

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatricioEV

If you take the rear cover off the center console, you can see there are two unused metal brackets that appear to be for some sort of slide out tray. My guess is rear cupholders. Does anyone know if the LEAF center console is borrowed from another Nissan vehicle? Perhaps the "missing" slide out tray and altered rear cover can be salvaged/purchased and installed into the LEAF.

Anyone?

Yes, I know this would cover the "kill switch" access if the try where pulled out. Let's ignore that issue (and all associated comments!) ; )

.... You mean like the ones we have on UK market LEAFs?

There's a slide-out cupholder there for sure on the UK ones. It's great for my kids, who use it to store drinks when we're on the road. It's also one of the many reasons we want to bring our LEAF stateside next year. We also have a built-in speed limiter in addition to the usual cruise, and a 'kick down' simulation on the throttle, so when in ECO mode it makes the car easier to drive more efficiently.

Rear Cupholder (out) by aminorjourney, on Flickr

Rear cupholder (pushing in) by aminorjourney, on Flickr

Door cupholders. by aminorjourney, on Flickr

Nikki.

jelloslug said:
Why on earth would Nissan omit those on the North American cars.....

Same reason they omitted the drivers side roof handle and the glove box light. Because someone somewhere decided it would be a brilliant idea to shave $0.09 off the production cost of the vehicle.

Ha, I knew it! Hey Nikki (or any other UK owners) any chance you could investigate how many pounds that would set me back to order that assembly from a UK Nissan dealer? I've searched online and don't see anything.

Sure thing!

I think after a long deliberation, we've decided NOT to bring our LEAF to the US -- it's just going to cost too much... and my battery is already at 82% Capacity...

But, I'll certainly keep my eyes open for parts :)

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this topic, but as an alternative to the slide out tray, this is also an option, it is for the 2018+ Leaf but it fits in my 2017, so should fit in others like mine with the flat black cover thing

Hopefully this helps someone? I’ll post a picture once I sort out how to upload it from my phone

Edit; couldn't get the picture to upload, but found a video more or less describing the same thing, credit given to original content creator, as this is not my video, but should help explain what I did in my 2017 Leaf

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu7JlvFLcb0[/youtube]

Back