Nav Buttons stopped working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilimats

Only the POWER button respond to turn the audio on or off, all other buttons around the screen do not respond so are the steering wheel ones (volume, next track, etc) but climate is fine

Is this a bug ? tried reseting the car, no luck, the iphone still autoplay the music and i can hear it through the speaker slightly (low volume)

EDIT: Nov 21 2014

SO i tried unplugging the battery, it actually fixed the issue for a while, rebooted a few times without any issues, then issue started again, i've recorded the bug on video, hoping i don't have to replace my navigation, could it be a fuse?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maEz5QCBWqU[/youtube]

Wow, if i dont click OK to accept, the buttons work lol, as soon as i click ok they stop responding and i see my car on the map, no control work on the nav, cruise is fine

And the buttons freeze again when i enter any sub menu from the menu screen, how weird, any ideas?

Got the issue resolved after pushing the call button on the steering wheel while the phone was connected via USB/bluetooth with the nav unit still in the click OK to accept screen

My tilt screen button is still not working though :(

issue is back, so weird, called nissan support, spent an hour troubleshooting and they ended up telling me to visit a dealer to do a reset on the nav (they said only them can do it, no option for the end user?)

Agent also told me its the first time he heard about this, maybe iOS8 related... but now the issue occurs even when phone isnt plugged or connected to bluetooth

anyone?

bump, tried reseting the nav by removing the fuse as pictured below for 10 second but still no louck, all button and touch stop working as soon as i click OK, and sometimes the touch stop responding before i click OK so impossible get passed the screen :geek: :(

I guess i should try removing th NEGATIVE cable from the 12v battery to reset the whole car next ? any side effect? radio will be locked asking for a password?

Fuse_34_img0469k.jpg

The nav surround buttons are on their own CAN bus with the nav. Most likely you have a wiring issue. I would just take it to a dealer.

JeremyW said:
The nav surround buttons are on their own CAN bus with the nav. Most likely you have a wiring issue. I would just take it to a dealer.

thanks for the advise, it's weird that the issue started after plugging my iphone to the car though, is there a way to reset that CAN bus? (no idea what that means btw ahha)

Not exactly... it's a networking bus of the car. In this case though it just handles the buttons around the nav unit. The other two main ones handle most of the communications between the EV and "regular car" components.

You could try pulling the 12V negative to reset things. You won't be asked for a radio password.

SO i tried unplugging the battery, it actually fixed the issue for a while, rebooted a few times without any issues, then issue started again, i've recorded the bug on video, hoping i don't have to replace my navigation, could it be a fuse?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maEz5QCBWqU[/youtube]

Seriously doubt it's a fuse, I think you'll have to replace your nav. Probably a bad solder joint or something internal to it, since your touch screen goes out too. Still under warranty though, right? Just take it in.

JeremyW said:
Seriously doubt it's a fuse, I think you'll have to replace your nav. Probably a bad solder joint or something internal to it, since your touch screen goes out too. Still under warranty though, right? Just take it in.

doubt it, it's 2011 model with 44k miles :(

Checked the cost for a used one, $800 :(

Back