Car makers ready for plug-in grant rush in UK

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/analysis/2016/car-makers-ready-for-plug-in-grant-rush

Shows the US isn't the only place where EV incentives are reaching an end and/or otherwise being reduced ...

Car manufacturers have expressed confidence in their ability to meet demand for electric and plug-in hybrid models ahead of changes to the Government's Plug-in Car Grant, which will cut the amount of discount given to low-emission vehicles ordered from 1 March onwards - and those ordered before 1 March but not delivered and registered within nine months - to a maximum of £4500, and £2500 for plug-in hybrids.

It still amazes me just how popular the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is in Europe given the typically poor reviews of the latest gas only versions here in the US; of course who knows if/when we'll get any but perhaps, if demand starts to decrease there Mitsubishi will consider getting it here ... we do get (in limited numbers) 5 of the 7 EV's shown in the photo at the top of the article

Back