coleafrado2
Delivery Date: 26 May 2019

Re: Battery Upgrades are very possible

mux wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:31 am (not quite an open software - the hardware is open source but firmware is shared between three people in the community - me, a colleague of mine in the Netherlands and Dala)
so the firmware which was previously publicly available here https://bitbucket.org/emile_nijssen/ope ... can-bridge is no longer open source? i could have sworn it had a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license :|
mux
Delivery Date: 13 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 6177

The open source (blank, no application-specific) code, meant as a jumping-off point to make a working application, is available there, but the application-specific code (being able to use the firmware to do battery swaps, etc.) isn't open source.
coleafrado2

mux wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:22 am The open source (blank, no application-specific) code, meant as a jumping-off point to make a working application, is available there, but the application-specific code (being able to use the firmware to do battery swaps, etc.) isn't open source.
of course the application code isn't public. what i mean is that the link to the "open source code" and hardware design no longer works.
mux

Ah, tha tshould be fixed now
Dala
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 316851

Back to the topic of battery upgrades, the e-NV200 version for upgrading from a 24kWh -> 40kWh is now open source 8-) (Muxsan CAN-bridge ofcourse!)

https://github.com/dalathegreat/Nissan- ... ry-Upgrade
coleafrado2

Dala wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:56 pm Back to the topic of battery upgrades, the e-NV200 version for upgrading from a 24kWh -> 40kWh is now open source 8-) (Muxsan CAN-bridge ofcourse!)

https://github.com/dalathegreat/Nissan- ... ry-Upgrade
This is awesome Dala! Thank you for contributing it :D
Dala
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2015
Leaf Number: 316851

Made a quick video on it also :D

https://youtu.be/sGYCWztsjZg
nismoboy34
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2022
Leaf Number: 005009

coleafrado2 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:27 am
mux wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:22 am The open source (blank, no application-specific) code, meant as a jumping-off point to make a working application, is available there, but the application-specific code (being able to use the firmware to do battery swaps, etc.) isn't open source.
of course the application code isn't public. what i mean is that the link to the "open source code" and hardware design no longer works.

Given that this is some what open source or not open source im inclined to start investigating various cell replacement options . Not many have done this and given the fact that evs enhanced have commenced their commercially viable battery pack it makes sense .. However @Mux please advise what are the allowed and not allowed with your source code which is partly open source ? lol .
We know that your hardware as you have stated is open source but the code is not open source for the canbridge ? But i do not see a BOM or Schematic regarding hardware ? So what i do see is the source code for the can bridge tool ? Please clarify the details ?
mux

There's a full schematic and layout as well as some starter code, all CC-BY-SA as per the included license. It's all packaged together.

If you're unsure what is and isn't allowed, please read the license! I've included it for a reason - this is how you avoid any and all confusion around what is and isn't allowed.
nismoboy34
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2022
Leaf Number: 005009

@Mux thank you for taking the time to respond . Ive been trying to get a hold of you but really not sure how to . Have emailed on your site to no avail and would really like your assistance regarding this process . I want purchase can bridges but cannot as you dont have any on the Tindie site . Please advise how else i can email or reach you ?
given the shortage of micro controllers i can see that getting this board might be difficult . https://www.tindie.com/products/muxsan/ ... rt-rev-25/

However im certain we can work with alternatives . I have some ideas i would like to put forward and into practice on a personal level . look forward to hearing from you .

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”