Bigger dash board buttons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A327

Nissan,

Please make the dash board buttons bigger! In Boston driving during the winter I keep the heat turned down to preserve my battery so I wear gloves while driving. The little tiny buttons require me to take off my gloves every time I want to adjust anything from turning the heat off to adjusting the cruise control. The buttons on the touch screen are more annoying because they are all software and I don't want to focus really carefully on the display to make sure I'm hitting the right button - I'd rather watch the road.

I would also request that you put some tactile feeling on the buttons like bumps or indents so when I'm trying to shut off the steering wheel heater or the steering assist, I don't keep hitting the charger door button repeatedly until I look down and realize I'm a row off.

So when you make next year's model, please equip it with bigger buttons that can be activated while wearing winter gloves and buttons that can easily be distinguished by feel instead of sight.

Thanks!

Or how about making more/better use of speech recognition? If it's beyond Nissan's software capabilities, then perhaps they should look into adding an interface whereby paired smartphones can control various system functions like HVAC and charge timers. Then you could say, "hey, Google! A little heat, please?" I can't imagine why Tesla doesn't offer this as an alternative to their touchscreen mania.

I thought that the Gen I Leaf was pretty bad when it came to the buttons. I was wrong. Bring back those nice "wing rocker" switches! I actually bought some raised button tops, but haven't installed them yet...

I totally agree. To be honest, I don't think I've ever used the Nissan voice recognition because it was so useless the few times I tried it. I always have my iphone hooked up though Apple carplay also has buttons that are too small! I don't use the Nissan navigation either because it takes me too long to enter the destination.

Any recommendations for the raised button tops? That sounds like a good idea.

Back