Plus Inventory

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWantsALeaf

While there is a fair amount of 40 kWh Leaf inventory available in my area (helping a friend into an electric..with a budget in the low 20's, a base Leaf S or SV is about all you can choose between), I don't see much Leaf Plus inventory.

Is that because things are supply constrained or because they don't sell many, hence are not making too many?

I know Canada is pretty supply constrained. I don't know how much of it is because they are shipping Leaf's to a number of new markets, or something else?

DougWantsALeaf said:
While there is a fair amount of 40 kWh Leaf inventory available in my area (helping a friend into an electric..with a budget in the low 20's, a base Leaf S or SV is about all you can choose between), I don't see much Leaf Plus inventory.

Is that because things are supply constrained or because they don't sell many, hence are not making too many?

I know Canada is pretty supply constrained. I don't know how much of it is because they are shipping Leaf's to a number of new markets, or something else?

Good question (and post). It it just misjudging regional demand or are they simply not able to produce enough cars.

I would be curious to see if they are making progress in Tennessee Leaf production. They are certainly losing sales in B.C. right now.

webeleafowners said:
LeftieBiker said:
I HOPE that these cars have the All Weather Package...?

We have one on order. When it arrives (next February) how will I tell.

Thanks.

John.

If, as I recall, you ordered an SL, that has the heated seats and wheel and the heatpump standard. It's the S and SV that now require an option package to get the heated seats and steering wheel (and heat pump with the SV). In any case, the invoice and window sticker list any packages a car has included.

webeleafowners said:
Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.

You're welcome. Canada should have a regulation that requires that any EV sold there have whatever Winter heating packages are available for the vehicle. Because I just know that American dealers will, at some point, be selling California and other hot climate Leafs to Canada.

LeftieBiker said:
webeleafowners said:
Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.

You're welcome. Canada should have a regulation that requires that any EV sold there have whatever Winter heating packages are available for the vehicle. Because I just know that American dealers will, at some point, be selling California and other hot climate Leafs to Canada.

They already do. A ton of out of country used leafs are imported to this province. They can’t get them fast enough. Even without used EV’s EV sales are now over 8 percent of new car sales in BC. I think Nissan needs to re-evaluate North American leaf allotment to BC.

DougWantsALeaf said:

Shrug. I put in zip code 95136 (not where I live, but close enough) into https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/search-inventory.html, checked all 3 Plus versions of Leaf, set it to 64 miles and it still maxes out the counter: 50+ EXACT MATCHES 99+ Close matches. So, it doesn't look like there's a shortage in Nor Cal.

webeleafowners said:
LeftieBiker said:
webeleafowners said:
Yep. It’s an SL.

Thanks.

They already do. A ton of out of country used leafs are imported to this province. They can’t get them fast enough. Even without used EV’s EV sales are now over 8 percent of new car sales in BC. I think Nissan needs to re-evaluate North American leaf allotment to BC.

I don't mean that American stock will be sold to Canada - I know that is happening. I mean that American Leafs with no All Weather Package that were destined for hotter US states will be sold to Canada, with little or no warning that it is missing.

LeftieBiker said:
webeleafowners said:
LeftieBiker said:

I don't mean that American stock will be sold to Canada - I know that is happening. I mean that American Leafs with no All Weather Package that were destined for hotter US states will be sold to Canada, with little or no warning that it is missing.

Ahhh. Yah I guess. We’ll be watching.

Back