Bose Amplifier Wiring

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are multiple posts on here regarding the OEM Bose amplifier. Unfortunately I've been unable to find an answer to my specific question, or a way to match up the AV service manual to what I'm seeing elsewhere online. Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this for me.

I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the connections at the OEM Bose amplifier. I have a 2017 SL (Canadian model) but I'm fairly certain the wiring is going to be the same for at least the first gen Bose systems of all years. I've been referencing the AV service manual for the 2015 model year, as it's the most recent one I can find online.

First photo is the terminal layout at the Bose amp from the service manual. Three plugs/harnesses into the Bose amp. The info in the service manual that appears immediately below the terminal layout gives the corresponding wire number and color for each input/output signal. Which is exactly what I need, except for it doesn't align with photos available online.

Bose-Amp-Terminals.png

For example... service manual shows that wire 4 is red, and is the power wire. Wire 8 is black, and is the ground. Photo attached is from an eBay listing for a used Bose amp. Terminal plugs appear to be in reverse order, but this could just be a photo in mirror image so I'm not too fussed about that. More concerning is that what is almost certainly the power/ground wires are in fact YELLOW and black. Not red. Makes me concerned that there may be many more inconsistencies in the colors listed in the service manual.

BoseAmp.jpg

Also somewhat challenging is that the wire colors in the service guide are listed with abbreviations only, with no legend. Some are easy to interpret. R is red. B is black. G is green. Some are less clear... not sure if P is supposed to be pink or purple. Apparently L is supposed to be blue (determined by comparing the service manual to the photo, and this seems to be consistent). Wish I had the full legend to ensure I don't mix up my colors.

Does anyone have the actual, verified wiring diagram with wire numbers/colors for the Bose amp, ideally for a 2017? Thanks.

I would guess L is 'lilac' but if you have access to a manual, I would bet there is a decoder in there somewhere. For that matter, I would bet all relatively recent Nissan cars used the same coloring labels for wires so if can find an entire 2017 manual for any Nissan car I'd guess that somewhere in there is a wiring color decoder chart.

goldbrick said:
I would guess L is 'lilac' but if you have access to a manual, I would bet there is a decoder in there somewhere. For that matter, I would bet all relatively recent Nissan cars used the same coloring labels for wires so if can find an entire 2017 manual for any Nissan car I'd guess that somewhere in there is a wiring color decoder chart.

Unfortunately there is no decoder or legend in the manual. At least not in the AV service manual, which would be the obvious place for it to exist.

a quick google yielded this: take it FWIW since I have no real expertise here

B=Black
W=White
R=Red
G=Green
L=Blue
Y=Yellow
LG=Light Green
BR=Brown
OR=Orange
P=Pink
PU=Purple
GY=Gray
SB=Sky Blue

When the wire color is striped, the base color is given first, followed by the striped color as shown below:

Example: L/W=Blue with White stripe

https://forums.nicoclub.com/wire-color-codes-t396041.html

goldbrick said:
a quick google yielded this: take it FWIW since I have no real expertise here

B=Black
W=White
R=Red
G=Green
L=Blue
Y=Yellow
LG=Light Green
BR=Brown
OR=Orange
P=Pink
PU=Purple
GY=Gray
SB=Sky Blue

When the wire color is striped, the base color is given first, followed by the striped color as shown below:

Example: L/W=Blue with White stripe

https://forums.nicoclub.com/wire-color-codes-t396041.html

Thanks, this is helpful. Will see how it aligns to what I'm seeing on the actual amp and compare to the service manual. Much appreciated.

Hi, I am looking for what cable gives the low output signal from the headunit to the amp. Can you see that in your manual? I wanna grab that signal for a aftermarket amp for a new subwoofer, thats why I am asking 🙂 Would love your help if you have a manual 🙏

Flamur said:
Hi, I am looking for what cable gives the low output signal from the headunit to the amp. Can you see that in your manual? I wanna grab that signal for a aftermarket amp for a new subwoofer, thats why I am asking 🙂 Would love your help if you have a manual 🙏

I did respond to a comment that you had made a month ago before this one -

"If you have the Bose system, the head unit sends out low level output (~4V preouts).

The wires should be (+,-)
LF: Yellow, Brown - Pin 2, 3
RF: Green, Red - Pin 11, 12
LR: Pink, Blue - Pin 4, 5
RR: Brown, Yellow - Pin 13, 14

They are in the 20-pin connector at the radio."

Back