help needed to clean/remove blower motor

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konaowner

Hello,

My blower motor stopped suddenly recently, i found several good items on LHD removal but when i took the glovebox out etc i could not for the life of me find a way of getting to the blower motor.

The filter was easy...does anyone know how to get it the blower motor on a RHD leaf?

Thanks for any help
Paul
2016 Tekna 24KW

Hi - doesn't sound like you got any assistance here! I'm trying to find out the same thing for my 2018 - dealer wants $600 just to see if my AC/Heating issue is the blower motor (then another $1500 to replace it). Sounds a bit steep to me. Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!

2018 Nissan Leaf
Los Angeles

Hi,

Not sure if it's the same on the newer models (or RH types), but a few years ago I had some mice store acorns in our blower fan and needed to take it out (several times!) to clear the debris.

The advice and videos in this thread really helped:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=17462

It was an easy enough process to do once you figure out how to contort yourself into the right position to get at everything. Having a replacement filter ahead of time was also a great tip.

Good Luck!

I recently changed the cabin filter and pulled out the blower for inspection on my wife's (US-market) 2014 Leaf SV. After watching a few Youtube videos and doing some warm-up yoga it was not difficult.

Are you confident that you know what the blower motor housing looks like? It should be fairly obvious right above the cabin air filter location.

If you're not seeing the blower motor housing above the filter, it's possible that the right-hand drive dash and HVAC components are not a mirror image of the left-hand drive components. In other words, while access to the cabin filter, which is supposed to be changed regularly, might be modified so that it's easy to access from the left/glove box side of your right-hand drive car, the blower motor housing might still be oriented to the right side of the car meaning that you have to access it from that side, which is likely a more difficult job.

Without being able to look at a right-hand drive Leaf I have no way of knowing for sure, but it's an idea. If I were you I would try to find additional Youtube videos or a service manual specifically for the right-hand drive Leaf to confirm.

Here are some pictures from a right hand side drive car, and I have spent two days looking for the blower. With no luck.

If anyone can spot it please let me know.

Here are the pictures which I took.

fi1lk9eysdv91.jpg

zgemjdjysdv91.jpg

5lps69nysdv91.jpg

8g87zfsysdv91.jpg

g44p7z0zsdv91.jpg

hcyxw4rzsdv91.jpg

zgmz2jvzsdv91.jpg

rgsgbczzsdv91.jpg

I've been looking at something that I assume is the HVAC coil housing. It also resembles a 'squirrel cage' type blower. Upper right in the first photo you posted...which is now gone? There is also a round housing in the upper middle of that photo that could be a shroud for a hidden fan. That's all I've got...

Hmmm... There is a large black plastic housing with "RHD" molded on it. This is likely a unit found only in the RHD cars. Inside, in the third photo, you can see what looks like a few blades of the Nissan fan, but it shouldn't be exposed like that. If you look more closely, you can rule it out. I'll circle it later, when I get back from my bike ride.

Back